• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when do you give tylenol?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm a first time mom. Hayden Jo will be 4mnths on 12/9. She is definitely teething... Chewing on her fingers drooling and fussy. She also has a evelated temperature 99.5... When do you give Tylenol or call the doctor? Any advice?

Thank you
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I think they said 101

JenG20
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM
If baby is extremely fussy will give it. Wouldn't call the doc for just teething but if the fever got higher than 100.4 and persisted for more than three days I'd call.
thurstensmom
by Beth on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I give Tylenol when the temp is above 100.5 and she's extremely fussy (inconsolable) but if the temp persists over 48 hours I take them in. Tylenol is a tough call for teething because they can be bothered for a really long time before any teeth surface and you don't want them on Tylenol ALL the time :(
ele2837
by Erika on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way. The teeth can take forever to pop through so I try other methods of cooling them off and managing the pain. I hold off on the Tylenol and try to use it sparingly.

Quoting thurstensmom: I give Tylenol when the temp is above 100.5 and she's extremely fussy (inconsolable) but if the temp persists over 48 hours I take them in. Tylenol is a tough call for teething because they can be bothered for a really long time before any teeth surface and you don't want them on Tylenol ALL the time :(
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting thurstensmom: I give Tylenol when the temp is above 100.5 and she's extremely fussy (inconsolable) but if the temp persists over 48 hours I take them in. Tylenol is a tough call for teething because they can be bothered for a really long time before any teeth surface and you don't want them on Tylenol ALL the time :(

mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I use Tylenol to treat symptoms not temperature. I've had a miserable kid with a 99 and a pleast kid with a 103, and I'd give Tylenol to that 99 kid. Fever serves a purpose and I usually let it do its job. My dd seems to be preteething, as my others did from this time but we've never seen a tooth before 6 months so it's going to be a long haul. I think I'm going to buy an amber teething necklace tomorrow.
Gmm73
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Does anyone use panadol/paracetamol in the US?
We use it here as the go-to pain/fever reliever, and it doesn't have codeine...
I've given maddie panadol a few times when she's been in pre teething pain. I do try to hold off, though...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)