Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

overkill?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

I started shopping for christmas in sept... I didn't realize how overkill it was until I wrapped everything. O.o

Anyone else buy too much this year? LOL

Seriously, my back hurts, I spent hours and hours wrapping crap today.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cortney.mae
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I didn't. I bought each kid one big gift then five or six small ones. Budget isn't greaf this year. Washer and dryer breaking sucked some of my savings lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ck8204
by Candie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM
We did okay for the kids this year. I started shopping in June and finished in October. But for some reason my Dad and my MIL think that having a third child means we can't give them a decent Christmas. Both sets of grand-parents spent over $200 on each kid! I don't have room for all the crap they're getting!
Dani1009
by Group Admin on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM
We have the opposite problem here. We didn't get anything for eachother & we got the babies each a small toy & a humidifier for their room. That's all we can afford this year. Good thing they are too little to know!
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I feel you - my husband and I dn't really buy each other presents for holidays. LOL

Quoting Dani1009: We have the opposite problem here. We didn't get anything for eachother & we got the babies each a small toy & a humidifier for their room. That's all we can afford this year. Good thing they are too little to know!

diesel_darling
by Juliette on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to much this year and I've only wrapped four things ugh.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We still have each of their big santa gift and stockings to put under the tree. None of that is for my husband and I - it's all the kid's stuff. LOL 
This is what happens when mom is bored at 4am with the baby and can shop online.

Quoting diesel_darling: Way to much this year and I've only wrapped four things ugh.

diesel_darling
by Juliette on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

OMG they're so cute!!

This was last year >.<

Quoting kajira:

We still have each of their big santa gift and stockings to put under the tree. None of that is for my husband and I - it's all the kid's stuff. LOL 
This is what happens when mom is bored at 4am with the baby and can shop online.
Quoting diesel_darling: Way to much this year and I've only wrapped four things ugh.

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:16 PM

That looks awesome.!! 

We wrapped all our presents around the tree and stacked a crap ton behind so the cats wouldn't destroy them. LOL

Last year was pretty tight, so we didn't have a ton of stuff.

This year, we sort of spoiled them because of everything we've been through with losing Zeke and Wyatt's hospital stay and all that stuff.

Quoting diesel_darling:

Mobile Photo

OMG they're so cute!! This was last year >.<
Quoting kajira:

starinez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I went way overboard. I need to stop shopping early cause I keep shopping till christmas. I started shopping in September lol. Online shopping makes it way to easy to buy too much. Also this is presents for my entire family, parents, in laws, neices and 2 nephews and I bought a ton for my husband this year because he's usually not easy to shop for but this year I new exactly what I wanted to get him. My kids are definitely spoiled though but we have always gone all out for Christmas since I was a little kid.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Dec. 21, 2014 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The 1st pic was Christmas 2011 my toddler wasn't born yet (he was due in feb but came 5wks early) some of these for were for us but this is mostly his and my oldest's sons presents. The 2nd pic is my toddlers 1st Christmas these are 95% all his presents, we had already done Christmas with his brother. Last year was the same. This year he has some big presents so there's not as many but it's still a lot and then baby girl got some since she's still too young dh wanted to not go as crazy for her. I but on clearance though so I'm good about staying at or under budget.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)