• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still swaddle?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 27 Replies

I tried not swaddling a few weeks ago when I noticed she was trying to turn over but she just couldn't stay asleep if she wasn't swaddled. Now it's a few weeks later and she can turn over both ways but not sure if I'm ready to give up the swaddle yet.  She hasn't actually flipped in the swaddle.  When do you know it's really time? I have a 4 yr old and really can't remember when I gave up the swaddle, but I know she was not turning over at this age... she took much longer.  

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bump2b
by Sarah on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I had to stop swaddling this LO at eight weeks old as she was in a hip brace but she adjusted to it easily. I like to unswaddle mine well before they are rolling in case they roll in the night.
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Christopher never really liked it my DD 4 loved it and was swaddled at bed time till she was like 13-14 months even now she warps herself all up in the blanket when she sleeps
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Just stopped swaddling and she seems pretty happy with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SavanaAshleigh
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:13 AM
I never really swaddled. DS hated it from day one. I have heard it's best to stop when they start to roll over in case they roll over at night
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 3:06 AM

nope, she doesnt even like socks on.  Hubby still wraps her arms though.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:29 AM
Still swaddling here. Tried it a few nights ago without and didn't work. He just keeps waking himself up. Poor little dude.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM

As soon as we left the hospital, we stopped swaddling. I never did it with my older two.

With that said, Wyatt reaches around him until he finds something soft, and pulls it over his face to sleep. I always end up having to make sure it doesn't cover his nose or mouth, but he likes pressure on his head/forehead.

I blame the nurses at the hospital for that. They always covered him up with blankets and put beanbags over his eyes to get him to sleep. :( 

Since he's on oxygen monitor, I let it go, but once he's off oxygen, I won't be letting him cover his face like that anymore while he sleeps.

ele2837
by Erika on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I didn't really swaddle Riley. I tried a little in the beginning but didn't do it for very long.
Jennybenny01
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I have been swaddling but my little guy has really been moving lately and now he almost flips from back to tummy so I guess it's time to transition him out of it. He seems to not sleep well in it lately anyway and always gets his hands out.

thurstensmom
by Beth on Dec. 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I tried a few times but she either loved it or hated it so it was never consistant with her to the point where we could do ot every night...she does like the nestled feeling of her rock and play though which is making it a challenge to move to the crib :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)