Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

been a little while!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

How is everyone and their cutie pies doing? Im exhausted!!! Emmy fights naps and bedtime. I finally gave in and were pretty much bed sharing which i never intentionally wanted to do. She is crazy strong with her neck and wants to sit up but she hasn't rolled over yet, she can rotate in circles and is really close to going onto her tummy but not yet. I tried giving her a taste of solids but doesn't seem overly interested in them yet. Its interesting to see the difference between siblings my son did everything super early and fast. Emmy will be 5 months on the 16th.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ele2837
by Erika on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

She's getting so big! Riley is 5 months today. She's just now getting over RSV and got her fIrst teeth on the 23rd and Christmas day. She can sit for long periods on her own but forgets or gets distracted every now and then and flops over. She really wants to crawl and really gets her legs going but is unsure of what to do with her arms. She is no where near sleeping through the night, so I'm exhuasted. I've given in to bed sharing but my mattress is too soft so I'm sleeping with her in our spare bedroom. I'm holding out until taxes and then hoping to replace the bed in my room with a firmer and bigger bed so I can get back into my own room.

Is Emmy liking her Christmas presents. I didn't think Christmas would be very fun at this age but I've been surprised at how much Riley has gotten into her new toys. Her favorite is the mirror Santa brought her
Ducks4Life
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Emmy is a cutie!

Faelynn is in the same boat... She just turned 4 months. Her brother was also super early on like everything.  

kajira
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, my good ness, she's absolutely precious!!! :) 

kajira
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Wyatt is getting close to being able to sit up, where working on it. 

He can stand up with support though, he prefers standing to sitting... LOL
He can roll from his belly to his back, i'm assuming he COULD roll to his belly, since he rolls on his sides, he just hates his belly, so doesn't intentionally go on it often. He rolls himself out of his bouncer onto his tummy and wiggled around for a while, but that's the only time he's intentionally rolled himself on his belly.

He wiggles himself out of his bouncer on a routine basis, and if I buckle him in so he can't, he screams. So, I can't leave him in his bouncer anymore unsupervised. LOL

He likes to eat frozen breastmilk on a spoon, and he likes to lick different flavors, but I don't offer solids right now, until he can sit up on his own unassisted, I don't think he'll be ready.

Wyatt is delayed compared to his brother/sister at the same gestational age, but since he's a preemie, i'm happy that he's "average" compared to most babies.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

She is adorable! Alex turned 5 months on the 28th. She cant really sit up by her self but has been trying. She loves to roll over and move her self around. he neck is still a little wobbly but getting stronger.

Jess21608
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Riley is adorable! I wish emmy would cut some teeth she is miserable poor thing. Luckily we have a tempurpedic and its fairly firm if anything i have had to kick hubby to the couch since we only have a queen mattress. Emmy loved the wrapping paper and she has a new jumper. She got a ballerina jewelry box from mommy and daddy 😊

Quoting ele2837:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

She's getting so big! Riley is 5 months today. She's just now getting over RSV and got her fIrst teeth on the 23rd and Christmas day. She can sit for long periods on her own but forgets or gets distracted every now and then and flops over. She really wants to crawl and really gets her legs going but is unsure of what to do with her arms. She is no where near sleeping through the night, so I'm exhuasted. I've given in to bed sharing but my mattress is too soft so I'm sleeping with her in our spare bedroom. I'm holding out until taxes and then hoping to replace the bed in my room with a firmer and bigger bed so I can get back into my own room.

Is Emmy liking her Christmas presents. I didn't think Christmas would be very fun at this age but I've been surprised at how much Riley has gotten into her new toys. Her favorite is the mirror Santa brought her
Jess21608
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM
He is so cute and a ham you can see his personality in these pictures! He has really grown im so happy for yu and your family 😊

Quoting kajira:

Wyatt is getting close to being able to sit up, where working on it. 
He can stand up with support though, he prefers standing to sitting... LOL
He can roll from his belly to his back, i'm assuming he COULD roll to his belly, since he rolls on his sides, he just hates his belly, so doesn't intentionally go on it often. He rolls himself out of his bouncer onto his tummy and wiggled around for a while, but that's the only time he's intentionally rolled himself on his belly.
He wiggles himself out of his bouncer on a routine basis, and if I buckle him in so he can't, he screams. So, I can't leave him in his bouncer anymore unsupervised. LOL
He likes to eat frozen breastmilk on a spoon, and he likes to lick different flavors, but I don't offer solids right now, until he can sit up on his own unassisted, I don't think he'll be ready.
Wyatt is delayed compared to his brother/sister at the same gestational age, but since he's a preemie, i'm happy that he's "average" compared to most babies.
thurstensmom
by Beth on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww she's adorable!
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
She is soo cute and you always get some great pictures. I haven't done regular photo shots with her but need to since mine are generally accommodating until 2! Makenna is a rolling and army crawling baby but not sitting up yet and doesn't like the bumbo. She is constantly mouthing her hands but I don't feel any buds yet. She does seem interested in food but I don't plan on starting them until at least 6 months but did give her a tiny piece of chicken to gum on, which she enjoyed.
Jess21608
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Thanks so much im really working on my photography skills 😊 she is much more cooperative then my almost 2 year old ds lol. Emmy isn't much of a fan of her bumbo either for very long. I had fun trying out some backlighting in photos and captured these 2!

Quoting MixedCooke: She is soo cute and you always get some great pictures. I haven't done regular photo shots with her but need to since mine are generally accommodating until 2! Makenna is a rolling and army crawling baby but not sitting up yet and doesn't like the bumbo. She is constantly mouthing her hands but I don't feel any buds yet. She does seem interested in food but I don't plan on starting them until at least 6 months but did give her a tiny piece of chicken to gum on, which she enjoyed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)