Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD: TUESDAY

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

how often do you give the baby a bath/shower? Do they like the bath or prefer a shower? Do you bathe them with their siblings or plan to in the future? What type of soap do you use?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what we've been doing but usually every other day or even every three, but sometimes she's gotten one on back to back nights too. She loves the bath so mostly just the bath. I've let her get in with me some but she's pooped the last two times on me so I think we will take a break from that for now! Lol. She doesn't mind the shower but she's too slippery for me so I try go avoid it if I can. Right now for her I use Ology soap/body wash and lotion.
ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM
Typically every 3 nights. Our cat accidentally got shut in the bathroom and peed on the baby tub. I threw it away and it seemed a waste to buy a new one when she's so close to not needing anything. Since I put her in the tub with me and its easier if my husband is home to pass her to when I'm done its not as often. Before I tossed out the tub it was every other day
AjMorczek
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM

We only have 1, and we bathe her every 3 days or as needed in between. We have Johnson and Johnson brand. She loves baths!

diesel_darling
by Juliette on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM
I bathe her alone because she still needs my complete attention... floppy, slippery baby and all. I use the nighttime wash.
diesel_darling
by Juliette on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Oh, and every other night
kajira
by Emma on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I use lavendar baby wash/shampoo.

I alternate between taking him in the shower with me, and using the bathtub. It depends on how much time I want to spend since our 2 person jetted tub takes almost 2 hours to fill up if I want to take a bath. LOL

In our bath tub, my daughter invariably always hops in with us, so sometimes I take a shower just to avoid extra people. haha

I usually make sure he gets "Washed" every 3-4 days from head to toe, inbetween that, I sponge bathe him and change his clothes daily.

mommyslate
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Quoting JenG20: Depends on what we've been doing but usually every other day or even every three, but sometimes she's gotten one on back to back nights too. She loves the bath so mostly just the bath. I've let her get in with me some but she's pooped the last two times on me so I think we will take a break from that for now! Lol. She doesn't mind the shower but she's too slippery for me so I try go avoid it if I can. Right now for her I use Ology soap/body wash and lotion.

I just went to buy more of this and they informed me that there was a recall at Walgreens.  You may want to check yours and see if it was part of it?

mommyslate
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM

She is in the bath every day as part of bedtime.  I use lavender essential oil in the bath water and she sits and relaxes on the days we don't do a full "bath".  She gets washed every other day usually, I use California Baby sensitive skin wash with lavender, a goats milk lavender bar from Whole Foods or Babyganics soap.  Depends on what I have on hand at the time. 

NYnewmom81214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:12 AM

We have started bathing her every night in a new bedtime routine. She hates the bath so I am hoping that by doing this every night the screaming through the entire thing will go away. I use the Johnson and Johnson lavendar with her. 

JenG20
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM
What?! Are you kidding me?! Ughhhh!!!

Quoting mommyslate:

Quoting JenG20: Depends on what we've been doing but usually every other day or even every three, but sometimes she's gotten one on back to back nights too. She loves the bath so mostly just the bath. I've let her get in with me some but she's pooped the last two times on me so I think we will take a break from that for now! Lol. She doesn't mind the shower but she's too slippery for me so I try go avoid it if I can. Right now for her I use Ology soap/body wash and lotion.

I just went to buy more of this and they informed me that there was a recall at Walgreens.  You may want to check yours and see if it was part of it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)