• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doing so well trying to sit!!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

She's about 4 1/2 months and has started doing so well at this!!!! I have to pop her back up because she starts to lean but she has good control!!!
What are your little August babies doing?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kajira
by Emma on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!!!

Wyatt can pull himself int oa sitting position from his back and he's still a little wobbly, but he's doing great at this.

He can also sit in his high chair with out toppling over now with out needing to be wedged in there.

He can swap toys from hand to hand, guide a spoon into his mouth and control what he wants.

He's still breastfeeding - since Wyatt was a micropreemie born at 24 weeks, there's been worries about delays for his adjusted age and so far he's about average doing what he should be doing for his age, so i'm happy with it! Solids are just kind of for fun at this point, so I don't even offer every day, just when he is so gung ho to taste what i'm eating, I give him a bite or two.

We've weaned his oxygen down to .12 liters instead of .25 during the daytime, so we will see if he can continue to gain weight with it being lower.

snelson131
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! Glad to hear he's doing so well!!!!!!

Quoting kajira:

That's great!!!

Wyatt can pull himself int oa sitting position from his back and he's still a little wobbly, but he's doing great at this.

He can also sit in his high chair with out toppling over now with out needing to be wedged in there.

He can swap toys from hand to hand, guide a spoon into his mouth and control what he wants.

He's still breastfeeding - since Wyatt was a micropreemie born at 24 weeks, there's been worries about delays for his adjusted age and so far he's about average doing what he should be doing for his age, so i'm happy with it! Solids are just kind of for fun at this point, so I don't even offer every day, just when he is so gung ho to taste what i'm eating, I give him a bite or two.

We've weaned his oxygen down to .12 liters instead of .25 during the daytime, so we will see if he can continue to gain weight with it being lower.

JenG20
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Such cute babies. Tenley loves to sit up but she still topples right over. She's laughing like crazy and rolling both ways though.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
She is rolling both ways, swatting at toys on her baby gym and commando crawling. Not much into sitting but loves baby flying (works her neck and back strength).
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:40 PM

aww

ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM
She's so cute. Riley is sitting up, rolling around and doing her own version of army crawling that uses her legs more than her arms lol. Its pretty funny to watch. She's getting better at using her hands to grab and pplay with toys, but her favorite thing to reach out and play with is daddy's beard. She loves jumping in her entertainer and has started figuring out how to get around in her walker. I love this age! They want to play but can't totally destroy the house yet lol
thurstensmom
by Beth on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Same with Keegan

Quoting JenG20: Such cute babies. Tenley loves to sit up but she still topples right over. She's laughing like crazy and rolling both ways though.
Jessicak916
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Awww!! :) so cute!! JJ is rolling around great and can sit up and use his hand to grab things and pass things from hand to hand and grab his feet or bring things to his mouth. He is REALLY trying to crawl but his legs seem to cooperate more than his arms at the moment and it ends up being frustrating for him right now. But he's getting there! :)
Bump2b
by Sarah on Jan. 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Mine is rolling, sitting & up on all fours rocking trying to crawl! She's only five months I'm freaking out, my other two never did those things until after six months, she's growing up too fast!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)