Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Riley's 5 month update- pic heavy

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Riley turned 5 months on New Year's Eve. I finally got around to taking pictures of her this weekend and out them on the computer today.

She is sitting by herself now, balancing on her knees and standing herself up sometimes if she has something to hold on to and will rock on her hands and knees but only on a soft surface like the bed. She's determined to be mobile but hasn't figured out yet what to do. She's gets mad and tells after awhile when she doesn't manage to go anywhere. Still breastfeeding which is really exciting for me since my first never latched and she was about 5.5 months when I decided I couldn't keep up pumping. She's trying bites of solids here and there and loves anything we wil give her. She still isn't sleeping through the night but is only waking once or twice. Every now and then she does a 6-7 hour stretch and I'm in heaven.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Ducks4Life
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM

That is awesome!

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Wow! Going to have an early walker!
ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM
Looks like she will take after my husband's side of the family. They were almost all early walkers. Her sister took her fIrst steps at 9.5 months. My husband walked at 9 months and they say his aunt walked at 7 months....I always wondered if that's an exaggeration but you never know.

Babies in my family were slower. My brother didn't even roll until he was 7.5 months. He was using sentences at a year old but didn't walk until 14 months. Its so funny how different kids will do things.

Quoting MixedCooke: Wow! Going to have an early walker!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:56 PM

She's such a cutie! Wow she is groing up so fast!

MamarazziTo2
by Kendra on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:43 PM

My mom told me I was running at 7mos. My older 2 were walking around furniture at 5-6mos and walking unassisted at 8mos. I'm hoping Evryn will follow in their footsteps! Haha

Quoting ele2837: Looks like she will take after my husband's side of the family. They were almost all early walkers. Her sister took her fIrst steps at 9.5 months. My husband walked at 9 months and they say his aunt walked at 7 months....I always wondered if that's an exaggeration but you never know. Babies in my family were slower. My brother didn't even roll until he was 7.5 months. He was using sentences at a year old but didn't walk until 14 months. Its so funny how different kids will do things.

ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:01 AM
I'm sure there are babies up and walking that early I just also know my in laws really enjoy bragging about weird things.

I'm torn on whether I'm happy that Riley looks like she will be mobile soon. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to early movers. With my first she was less frustrated once she could go, but the flip side is having to chase them sooner and with my first she was a lot less snuggly once she was mobile. It will be exciting to see her hitting those milestones but I'm going to be a little sad.

Right now my family is taking bets on whether Riley will walk or crawl first. My money is on crawling.

Quoting MamarazziTo2:

My mom told me I was running at 7mos. My older 2 were walking around furniture at 5-6mos and walking unassisted at 8mos. I'm hoping Evryn will follow in their footsteps! Haha

Quoting ele2837: Looks like she will take after my husband's side of the family. They were almost all early walkers. Her sister took her fIrst steps at 9.5 months. My husband walked at 9 months and they say his aunt walked at 7 months....I always wondered if that's an exaggeration but you never know.

Babies in my family were slower. My brother didn't even roll until he was 7.5 months. He was using sentences at a year old but didn't walk until 14 months. Its so funny how different kids will do things.

ZPK
by Mandi on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Oh wow! My babies are always so slow at being mobile it amazes me that a five month old can stand like that. Lol. She's a cutie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)