Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! sleep training! piog

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
Aliana is 4 months old (will be 5 months on the 25th) and has been a completely different experience than my oldest. She's fussy, colicky, and fights sleep like nobodies business. Because of that, I unintentionally co-slept, and now, I'm paying for it.

I've tried several times several different ways to get her to sleep in her crib. She will be sound asleep and the moment I lay her in the crib, she wakes up and screams bloody murder. I'll put her down, sing to her, turn lullabies on, try the nursery light, rub her tummy, etc with luck for about 5 minutes (usually when the mobile is on). Then its bloody murder. She is in my room so I hear everything so I've even let her cry for a little bit. After about 10 minutes I begin feeling guilty. It makes me feel like crap.

Tonight I put her in the crib and she was just as happy as can be. I ran down the hall to start a load of laundry and come back to her spitting up everywhere because of her crying. So I put her in a lavender bath, got her cleaned up, massaged her in some lavender lotion, rocked her and made sure she was sleepy. She is now in the crib, fussing. Soon enough her fussing will turn to screams, and I'll end up feeling guilty and getting her out.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. 😫 any advice? Sorry this is so long, I just could use some help.

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyStar3343
by Chloe on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Mobile Photo

Literally took this 4 minutes after getting her out of the crib. I got her out and she started smiling at me then put her hand on my face like she was making sure I don't go anywhere. Completely passed out.
diesel_darling
by Juliette on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any advice. I cosleep with baby and 2 year old still.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:25 PM

I gave her my sleep shirt so she has Mommy scent for comfort and use it like her blanket or as her sheet.  Is she not sleeping in her crib at all? 

leebles
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Mine was the same way with sleeping. Every night I get her to sleep. I let her sleep for 30 minutes or more then carefully put her in her cradle. Some nights she stays asleep other she wakes up but ever night I put her in her cradle. Good luck! Also read about the 4mnth sleep regression it but things in focus for me.
MommyStar3343
by Chloe on Jan. 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM
No. 😕

She is with family when I'm at work and they constantly hold her. Ive asked for them to put her down at nap time and they say they have the same problem.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I gave her my sleep shirt so she has Mommy scent for comfort and use it like her blanket or as her sheet.  Is she not sleeping in her crib at all? 

Jaybay223
by Jess on Jan. 21, 2015 at 6:52 AM
Google the 4 month sleep regression. It will pass!
kajira
by Emma on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

There's  a reason babies this age need us.

I understand its hard, but it will pass, when they are older and can be reasoned with, it's a lot easier to get them in their own bed.

My  4 year old still likes to sleep with us, but she's only allowed in my bed when her dad's working (because I like her company.) The other nights, she has to sleep in her room, or on a futon in our room.

She was 3 when I started putting her in her own bed and was able to get her to transition to sleeping alone... but she could tell me why she didn't WANT to sleep alone and it made it easier to help her feel safe and like things were okay to be alone.

I always wonder why we as grown women who like to be cuddled and held, think a baby or child doesn't feel the same way.

diesel_darling
by Juliette on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM
I've never even heard of 4mo sleep regression until this group. None of mine regressed in their sleep
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:38 AM
I wish I could help. My baby is doing the same thing at bed time. She only wants to sleep in the nursing position. It is so hard and I'm exhausted.
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:46 AM

it should pass soon is all i got sorry i hope it does

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)