Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wyatt's lip tie.

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

We saw the ent he said his tongue had no real tie to cut... but said his lip tie was bad enough it was borderline surgery fix. He agreed to clip it in office and see how it heals.

It was quick.

Wyatt has a deeper latch now and can finally pucker his lip out. I am going to have to do some training and stretches on his upper lip to help him learn to pucker it out correctly when nursing, but it's already alot better.

As soon as it was cut, he started making some new sounds, that use the motility of the upper lip, which was awesome to see how big of a difference it made right away.. (although, I did feel bad it took us so long to get it fixed.)

We also saw the premie clinic and he's at adjusted age or above on everything (his speech is advanced and his motor skills are age appropriate for a 7 month old baby.)

The only thing he's behind on is sitting unassisted, he wouldn't cooperate for her because he just had his lip cut and wanted to go to sleep after being awake for a couple hours.

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ele2837
by Erika on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:02 AM
I'm glad they were able to help him and that's he is doing so well. :) He is absolutely adorable and I love seeing how big he has gotten
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great that is doing better and on track! Yay Wyatt!!
JenG20
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad they clipped it and his latch is better! Great news! He sounds like he's doing awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)