Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caffeine?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do any of you continue to drink caffeine during pregnancy?  With my first two kids I gave it up completely, but then as soon as the baby was born, I went wild.  Like seriously up to 3-5 cups a day sometimes.  I'm thinking if I limit myself to 1 cherry coke or 1 cup of coffee per day maybe I won't go crazy drinking it after the baby comse.  I know it's okay to drink up to 200mg per day (and a coke only has around 35 I think, not sure about the coffee).  But I just have always felt like it was so bad to drink a coke while pregnant.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CDW75
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I have cut back, 1 cup of coffee and maybe 1 caffeinated soda a day. Caffeine is my weakness
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Good to know I'm not alone!  The first OB I saw (with my first, that I MC'd.) scolded me for drinking chocolate milk!!  So after that I was just terrified of any caffiene, but I'm going nuts without it.

Quoting CDW75: I have cut back, 1 cup of coffee and maybe 1 caffeinated soda a day. Caffeine is my weakness

CDW75
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
While pregnant with DD #2 I did not cut back at all, she was and is perfectly healthy. But I decided to be more responsible this time around.

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Good to know I'm not alone!  The first OB I saw (with my first, that I MC'd.) scolded me for drinking chocolate milk!!  So after that I was just terrified of any caffiene, but I'm going nuts without it.

Quoting CDW75: I have cut back, 1 cup of coffee and maybe 1 caffeinated soda a day. Caffeine is my weakness

Rlambert6002
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I cut out my coffee and have been trying to refrain from soda....the only way is to just not buy it because if it is here I will drink it!

mamabird217
by Aislinn on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I only drink tea, and I try to drink tea with little to no caffeine.  Some days I need a bit more though, and on those days I'll have some black tea, which has a decent amount of caffeine in it.  Never been a big coffee drinker and I gave up sodas almost a year ago!  One of my biggest diet/eating accomplishments!! :)  I must add that I do still keep a lemon flavored soda on hand just in case of morning sickness (which hasn't shown up yet, FX), but it doesn't have caffeine.

fluffball80
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I am doing half regular and half decaf.  Its just so darn cold that I need something warm.  I found that in the winter I drink coffee but in the summer I don't want it.

turnergrace
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I didn't at all last pregnancy. I was miserable and so spacey. I drink 1 kcup in the morning before work this pregnancy. I am also working on my masters and classes begin soon. I am used to having 2-3 cups per day but will have to figure out how to limit myself to just 1!

EarthSidemother
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I don't drink coffee.
I'm a big pop drinker but have neen substituting natural juice and mountain water
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM

That's true!!  I will drink orange and root beer on occasion which is caffeine free but my very favorite is cherry coke.

Quoting mamabird217:

I only drink tea, and I try to drink tea with little to no caffeine.  Some days I need a bit more though, and on those days I'll have some black tea, which has a decent amount of caffeine in it.  Never been a big coffee drinker and I gave up sodas almost a year ago!  One of my biggest diet/eating accomplishments!! :)  I must add that I do still keep a lemon flavored soda on hand just in case of morning sickness (which hasn't shown up yet, FX), but it doesn't have caffeine.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Good luck!!

Quoting turnergrace:

I didn't at all last pregnancy. I was miserable and so spacey. I drink 1 kcup in the morning before work this pregnancy. I am also working on my masters and classes begin soon. I am used to having 2-3 cups per day but will have to figure out how to limit myself to just 1!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)