Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're going to cloth diaper..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 23 Replies
What are your favorite diapers? What are you looking at buying and why did you choose that brand
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.ChiMama.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I love hybrid fitteds. with ds i found this specific brand tangerine.baby.  she was the only one making hybrid fitteds back then and most of my stash was from her. They are so pretty, easy to care for, and absorbent. I also love bumgenius pockets for going out. they work well and not too bulky. this is the first baby i am planning on using cloth for since birth so i am thinking of buying workhorse diapers and sbish for the nb stage. I still have all of my bg's and already bought some OS fitteds for the later months.  

bellasmom423
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I cloth diaper my 9 month old. I made my own pocket diapers with a pattern I found at joanns fabrics. They cost me about 3 dollars each to make and because I'm not very good at using a sewing machine about 3 hrs work. I have made a total of 57...each time I get better and quicker at it.

ChrisiBee87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM

i have a sick obsession with CDs. I know with baby i will mostly use hybrid fitteds. Its easier when they are only living off BM. But as time goes on i know i will tap into the pockets and the fitteds. I love Bottombumpers. Super trim and can actully fit under reg, jeans. ill be making my own pockets this time around though cause the ones i bought all the elastic around the legs has relaxed to the point of trash.

Christian, Wife, Mom, Breastfeeding, NIP Advocate, Advid Babywearer and advocate, cloth diapering, Attachment Parenting, Holistic living... and loving my life

CafeMom Tickers

mommyofone15
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I like everything except pockets. I started with pockets but quickly got sick of stuffing. As far as brands I don't have a favorite, just lots of different brands. This baby will be the first we cloth from birth so I'm buying a little of everything (that's not a pocket) :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone15
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Do you put covers over your fitteds? I have a few nb fitteds I'm going to try but just seems like more work to put 2 diapers on. :/

Quoting .ChiMama.:

I love hybrid fitteds. with ds i found this specific brand tangerine.baby.  she was the only one making hybrid fitteds back then and most of my stash was from her. They are so pretty, easy to care for, and absorbent. I also love bumgenius pockets for going out. they work well and not too bulky. this is the first baby i am planning on using cloth for since birth so i am thinking of buying workhorse diapers and sbish for the nb stage. I still have all of my bg's and already bought some OS fitteds for the later months.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone15
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM
^

Quoting ChrisiBee87:

i have a sick obsession with CDs. I know with baby i will mostly use hybrid fitteds. Its easier when they are only living off BM. But as time goes on i know i will tap into the pockets and the fitteds. I love Bottombumpers. Super trim and can actully fit under reg, jeans. ill be making my own pockets this time around though cause the ones i bought all the elastic around the legs has relaxed to the point of trash.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrisiBee87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

i do if they arent hybrids or dont have a PUL layer. Hybrids dont get super wet if you catch it in time. we can go a few good hours without it being damp. But like with my prefold fitteds, then YES cover! or it will soak through

Quoting mommyofone15: Do you put covers over your fitteds? I have a few nb fitteds I'm going to try but just seems like more work to put 2 diapers on. :/

Quoting .ChiMama.:

Christian, Wife, Mom, Breastfeeding, NIP Advocate, Advid Babywearer and advocate, cloth diapering, Attachment Parenting, Holistic living... and loving my life

CafeMom Tickers

.ChiMama.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

No. That's why the hybrid fitteds are great. They do no soak through. you will be able to feel it damp within 2-3 hours IMO but thats usually when i change my kids. I always change them after feedings.

Quoting mommyofone15: Do you put covers over your fitteds? I have a few nb fitteds I'm going to try but just seems like more work to put 2 diapers on. :/

Quoting .ChiMama.:

Rlambert6002
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM

My last stash was a variety of all different kinds and brands. I had pockets, prefolds& covers, AIO's, wool, etc. consisting of Bum Genius, Fuzzi Bunz, Flips, Oh Katy, Kawaii, Blueberry, etc......just a bit of everything. I never really hd a particular favorite. I just used different things depending on the situation. I usually used pockets at home...though I can say in the pocket dept. I prefer Kawaiis for larger babies and FB or BG for smaller babies. If I was going out I usually went with a prefold with a cover or Flip w/insert (if I wasn't going to be out too long as the inserts didn't do much with my heavy wetter). I just never liked the pockets on outings as they are bulky and hard to get pants over. Wool was my go to at night usually. Unfortunately I sold most of my stash not too long before I got my bfp! :( So, I'm having to start all over. My youngest dd is only 17 mths and I had been cd'ing her but she had serious rash issues for practically the whole entire duration. Since I'm starting all over again anyways I'm going to see about getting her back into cloth. I'm hoping the time lapse may have made some difference, but I'm also going with all natural fibers with her.

ChrisiBee87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM

i have been cding since M2 was a 1.5 and i was preg with M3. So M3 has been cd since birth. But we recently had the same problem with the rash. And I was using natural fibers. Ours was due to the CD detergent we were using. We switched to RG (rockin green) with a dash of Gain. Rash cleard right up. We were using just straight Allen's.

Quoting Rlambert6002:

My last stash was a variety of all different kinds and brands. I had pockets, prefolds& covers, AIO's, wool, etc. consisting of Bum Genius, Fuzzi Bunz, Flips, Oh Katy, Kawaii, Blueberry, etc......just a bit of everything. I never really hd a particular favorite. I just used different things depending on the situation. I usually used pockets at home...though I can say in the pocket dept. I prefer Kawaiis for larger babies and FB or BG for smaller babies. If I was going out I usually went with a prefold with a cover or Flip w/insert (if I wasn't going to be out too long as the inserts didn't do much with my heavy wetter). I just never liked the pockets on outings as they are bulky and hard to get pants over. Wool was my go to at night usually. Unfortunately I sold most of my stash not too long before I got my bfp! :( So, I'm having to start all over. My youngest dd is only 17 mths and I had been cd'ing her but she had serious rash issues for practically the whole entire duration. Since I'm starting all over again anyways I'm going to see about getting her back into cloth. I'm hoping the time lapse may have made some difference, but I'm also going with all natural fibers with her.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)