Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my birth plan is now my "Back up plan"....

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had 3 c-section. The first one: I was young with M1 (2007). 19 years young in fact. and finding out that i was expecting was not what i wanted. But i wouldnt take it back for the world. The doc. i got told me at 15 weeks that i would be having a c-section because my hips were to small to birth naturally. Sick right. But when i was 37 weeks my water had ruptured and, according to my Dh and him throwing up, it smelled bad. Found out that M1 had her first bowel movement. That was a situation that was a emergency and i was wheeled back to OR. so.. 1st c-section

The second one: After 4 MC finally baby stuck. And it was another girl. The new doc i had at this point told me i was ok to try for a VBAC...BUT... i could possibly die and leave my DH to care for a 3y.o and a NB. UMMMM NOOO... i had no idea what a VBAC was, and no education on the differences between the different ways of birthing. So repeat c-section it was..... 2nd c-section

The third time: I BEGGED to have a VBA2C! I went to the same doc. who delivered M2. But she told me that the hospital would not allow it. That i had my chance. So the date was scheduled. On the day of delivery i woke up to labor and my water breaking. I called to let them know what was going on and they told me to come in ASAP. So we went. They hooked me up...YUP thats labor. They checked me...4cm dilated. And then...the doc. came in. Time to get ready for surgery she said. I was not going to get the birth i wanted. even though everything was going so beautifully. So...3rd c-section

This time: Im hiring two doulas. One that is a CPM. I was schedule my c-section for 40+1 and praying i go into labor before. then i will labor at home till baby is coming out. Ill show up at the hospital with baby in arms.

Thats it. Hopefully everything goes as smoothly in my head, but i know and trust that my CPM "doula" will know when to call 911 if needed. This will be a HBA3C!

Christian, Wife, Mom, Breastfeeding, NIP Advocate, Advid Babywearer and advocate, cloth diapering, Attachment Parenting, Holistic living... and loving my life

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whit0416
by Whitney on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Wow you are brave. I hope everything goes as planned. I understand the want to have a natural birth.
StaciF
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM

this is so exciting!! you can do it!! congrats!

EarthSidemother
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Not brave smart!

Did you know babys are more likely to get stuck giving birth on your back? You pelvis is smaller laying on your back then if you were squating or on all fours these possitions help baby navigate down the canal easier and opens the pelvis giving baby more room. Laying on your back you have to push baby up.

Do not fear birth♡
This is 100% possible for you.
Do you have a evidenced based childvirth educator in your town? Hoqever with two doulas youll get lots of up to date info.

You can do this! I know you can!
little.worthen
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM
That's awesome. I'm praying that I get to have a VBA2C
missbritt22
by Brittany on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Hope everything goes as planned! I was induced with both of my boys, but I did have them vaginally. With this baby, I want to go into labor on my own and get as little "junk" as possible. I'm birthing in a hospital but they are very much into natural as possible. They have birthing tubs and encourage natural. So that's my plan, to go as long as possible without an epidural!
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Good luck!!  I hope you get the birth you want!

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Good luck!
NiyasMom1
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM
It really does make the moment that much more fulfilling when you can have the birth experience that you choose. I hope it all works out at planned.
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Hopefully it all goes as planned!

ChrisiBee87
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I actually started my trainging to become a doula myself. but then funds went low and i had to put in on the back burner for a while. Im hoping after this birth that i can continue and {{cross fingers}} will count towards some of my hours. One of my doula's is a Bradly class teacher and had her VBAC filmed for the classes.

Quoting EarthSidemother: Not brave smart!

Did you know babys are more likely to get stuck giving birth on your back? You pelvis is smaller laying on your back then if you were squating or on all fours these possitions help baby navigate down the canal easier and opens the pelvis giving baby more room. Laying on your back you have to push baby up.

Do not fear birth♡
This is 100% possible for you.
Do you have a evidenced based childvirth educator in your town? Hoqever with two doulas youll get lots of up to date info.

You can do this! I know you can!

Christian, Wife, Mom, Breastfeeding, NIP Advocate, Advid Babywearer and advocate, cloth diapering, Attachment Parenting, Holistic living... and loving my life

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)