Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foods you miss since becoming pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM
  • 42 Replies

Are there foods that you aren't allowed to eat while pregnant like fish and some other things, that you miss? For me it would have to be sushi.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just-looney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Feta cheese! I make pasta salad with feta in it. Its so good and its not the same without feta. :(
missbritt22
by Brittany on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Sushi for sure! And I crave it more now that I can't have it!
Iowagrad2011
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Sushi is amazing its not like I got it very much but still it sucks

Quoting missbritt22: Sushi for sure! And I crave it more now that I can't have it!

joyful_mama
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really modify my diet when pregnant.
turnergrace
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Helathy foods. Vegetables. I used to eat steamed broccoli for dessert, now I can't even smell it. It's unusual because those are they types of things I should be eating while pregnant :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Iowagrad2011
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Yeah that sucks :( hope it gets better for you in the next few weeks and steamed broccoli is amazing!

Quoting turnergrace:

Helathy foods. Vegetables. I used to eat steamed broccoli for dessert, now I can't even smell it. It's unusual because those are they types of things I should be eating while pregnant :(

sarahtbkh
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Coffee!!! I love my coffe but the smell makes me sick. Just picturing it in my mind makes me nauseated. 

Iowagrad2011
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Iced Coffee and it sucks because I see now a lot of restaurants have ice coffee free refills....So not fair I know I can have coffee but with iced coffee Id go over board....

on a side note how do you do tickers?

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM

That's my problem too!!  I looove iced coffee and pop, but I know if I start I won't be able to stop.  I let myself have either a glass or can of pop in the evening if I've had all my water for the day.  If not, no treat.  I've been better with skipping the coffee but I've really been craving Dunkin' Donuts.  And now I want to go get some gas station iced coffee or IHOP, yummy.  I love how sweet and creamy smooth they are.  I might just have to plan an outing after baby is born.

Quoting Iowagrad2011:

Iced Coffee and it sucks because I see now a lot of restaurants have ice coffee free refills....So not fair I know I can have coffee but with iced coffee Id go over board....

on a side note how do you do tickers?

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I'm missing coffee and pop the most, but it's not really unbearable.  I'd also love to go out and eat at a salad bar but I'm too paranoid about the food being contaminated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)