Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypoglycemia sucks

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
It just does. I didn't have too much trouble controlling it before I got pregnant. But now it seems that I'm dealing with it all the time. The nausea doesn't help since it's harder to stuff my face that way. I'm just frustrated.

I had to go shopping for food today. Usually I love grocery shopping. I was having fun at first showing my son all the different foods and letting him feel the different textures of the fruits and veggies I was buying. But near the end I started to crash. I got shaky and light headed first. So I called my Husband to take over standing in line and stuff. Then I got nauseated and blurry vision. My fingers started to tingle and I felt like I couldn't move easily and couldn't think clearly. I ate some crackers on the way out and in the car which helped. When I got home I drank a glass of soda (for the sugar) and was able to get in more substantial food a couple minutes later. I'm feeling much better now.

But I'm so irritated that I'm having trouble keeping it under control. I can't wait until I can eat whole grains again without feeling sick to my stomach.

Well, that's my rant of the day. This kid is sucking the life force out of me!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Netty321
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM

At target or walmart i sometimes have to resort to glucose tablets, they come in raspberry or orange. I am the same way a lot of the time and i get shaky its horrible. Maybe try that :) I take half and then take the other one later.

aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM

i had issues with my blood sugar a couple weeks ago, it was awful i couldnt do anything without feeling dizzy shakey,lightheaded ugh, thankfully it has past...or it could be i just started to eat more since nausea has decreased hopefully you dont have to deal the whole pregnancy with it!

Bradensmommy719
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I always have snacks in my purse. While shopping I get a drink, tea or Pepsi and then pay for it with everything else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)