Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ordered my fetal doppler!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

Should be here in 2 days, so excited.  Anyone have one?  

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Yep! Got mine when I turned 10 weeks! I love listening to my little peanut! Now that I'm 14 weeks it's so much easier to find :) Although he does wiggle alot and kick the probe, it's so funny!
Whit0416
by Whitney on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I use mine every few days... I get really paranoid so it makes me feel so much better!!
shelly377
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Quoting missbritt22: Yep! Got mine when I turned 10 weeks! I love listening to my little peanut! Now that I'm 14 weeks it's so much easier to find :) Although he does wiggle alot and kick the probe, it's so funny!

That's awesome.  I can't wait.  It would freak me out though if I could not find the HB.

shelly377
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Whit0416: I use mine every few days... I get really paranoid so it makes me feel so much better!!

That's what I do (get paranoid)  so that's why I ordered one.  They didn't have this when I was pregnant with my other kiddos.  So many things have changed.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I have one.  I only try to use it once a week or so because I know it's not good to use it too much and I'd freak out if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I started to buy one but I didn't. I'm actually glad that I didn't because I have an anterior placenta. The doctor had such a hard time at my last appointment she had to use the ultrasound machine to find the heartbeat. If she couldn't find it, I would definitely drive myself crazy trying to find it. 

shelly377
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Quoting cjsjellybean:

I have one.  I only try to use it once a week or so because I know it's not good to use it too much and I'd freak out if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

Why are they not good to use?  Will it harm the baby?

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I can't remember who but someone in here posted an article about the sound waves in doppler machines and to a baby, it is like crazy loud.  I don't recall what the article compared it to, but it was something super loud like a train or an airplane.  I'll have to dig around and see if I can find the post for you!

Quoting shelly377:

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Why are they not good to use?  Will it harm the baby?

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I don't use mine as much now as I did. I got mine at 8wks. Baby kicks and I feel reassured by that plus it moves so much I have more trouble now finding the hb than before. I was freaked out the other day because I couldn't find it and a few wks ago I could all over the place. I layed kind nof on my tummy and jiggled a lil then found it koi. Musta been nestled in a hideaway in there.
shelly377
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Quoting tsmcconnell: I don't use mine as much now as I did. I got mine at 8wks. Baby kicks and I feel reassured by that plus it moves so much I have more trouble now finding the hb than before. I was freaked out the other day because I couldn't find it and a few wks ago I could all over the place. I layed kind nof on my tummy and jiggled a lil then found it koi. Musta been nestled in a hideaway in there.

How many weeks are you to feel the kicking?  I just feel fluttering every couple days or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)