Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Mad

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sorry if you have already seen this on Facebook.

Firs, let me say that I haven't actually announced on Facebook and I'm not for at least a few more weeks. That being said, I put a new profile picture up yesterday and my ex step mom had commented on this this morning asking how were the kids and what I was hoping to have this time. This prompted my cousin to chime in and say, "You're Pregnant?!" I think I almost lost it when I read the comments. The only thing I could think to do is delete the comments and message them privately. I also couldn't help but think.. if I haven't announced that I'm pregnant yet nor told you directly (I'm guessing my dad told her- that would be the only way she would know) when why would you say something like that publicly instead of asking me privately? 

I don't think anyone actually read the comments because it was so early in the morning, but still. Stuff like that makes me want to deactivate my Facebook account until after September. One of the reasons why I don't want to announce it just yet is because I do not want to be asked a millions questions. Nor do I want to have to hear comments like. "Didn't you just have a baby?" "Caitlin isn't even a year old" and my favorite "Have you gone mad/crazy?" 

I shouldn't have to deal with those types of questions. Neither should anyone else. Pregnancy is a time to enjoy and watch your body change. As this is my last baby I really want to enjoy it without feeling like I'm being judged. 

Vent Over... I'm sorry I would a novel

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissJordy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I'm sorry Mama :( Some people are just so inconsiderate and LOVE to be the one to spill others news!

missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM
That's exactly why I do not have a fb. Ppl love to stir shit up and stick their noses in places they shouldn't be! That's annoys me to no end!!!

And I hate the questions and comments too. I went by the dollar stare to pick up stuff to make spaghetti, well I saw the cutest outfit that was gender neutral so I just grabbed it, lol! I get to the counter and its a younger Hispanic girl working. She says, "this is cute, is it for you or someone else?" I tell her it's for me and that I'm so many weeks along. She then says, "glad I'm not you! Being pregnant sucks!" Seriously??? That's not something you tell an expectant mom! Especially if you are an employee! I was so annoyed!
Mrs.Becki
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I'm sorry! Did she not know it was a secret or do it on purpose? I had something similar happen on fb. I posted something about not feeling well and my aunt said that she hope my morning sickness goes away soon and then a bunch of people asked if I was pregnant. I didn't even tell my aunt, turns out my cousin told her even after she promised she wouldn't say anything. But I just ignored all the comments and we announced with a picture the way we wanted to a couple weeks later. Sucks when people ruin your surprise. I also got comments from some family after they found out about this baby, my third. Some asked if this was planned, told me I am going to need a lot of prayer with 3 kids 4 and under, and others asked if we were done after this like it would be a crime if we weren't. Hate that
KJ_on
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Im sorry. I was pregnant only four week during my wedding in oct. My aunt who I had not told but found out through my mom commented on a quick shot of getting ready I'd posted. She said how beautiful I looked and congrats on break baby. I didn't see it for hours but all my friends did. I misscarried a week later. I hated having too put it on Facebook . Due to my aunt announcing the pregnancy. This time my mom kept her mouth shut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)