Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had first trimester screening done 3 weeks ago. Right after the testing the technician took off to see the doctor and was gone for over 20 minutes. I was told they would call me in a week with my results and I still have yet to hear from them. My regular OB also didn't even know that I had had the testing done. There was no note in my file and no results. That was over a week ago and I haven't heard from her either. I am just worried because I have had some problems and complications and I am a worrier. Is this a case where no news is good news?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Have you tried calling them?  If they said a week and it's been 3 I'd definitely be calling!!  I'm sure if something was seriously wrong though they would have called you by now.  I got my results in like 5 days.

klaflam
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I call and I am told someone will be calling me back but they don't. I checked made sure they had my correct information but I am still waiting. I think things are okay but she already scheduled my second trimester testing for end of April. They haven't even called with the results of my bloodwork which was done the same day. 

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Have you tried calling them?  If they said a week and it's been 3 I'd definitely be calling!!  I'm sure if something was seriously wrong though they would have called you by now.  I got my results in like 5 days.

themissheather
by Heather on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Call them and politely, but firmly, tell them that since no one has been returning your phone calls that you would like to speak to a person that can help you right away. Stay on the phone until someone tells you the results. Good luck.
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a great idea!!  Don't back down.  You deserve to know the results of your test.

Quoting themissheather: Call them and politely, but firmly, tell them that since no one has been returning your phone calls that you would like to speak to a person that can help you right away. Stay on the phone until someone tells you the results. Good luck.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:55 AM
This!

Quoting themissheather: Call them and politely, but firmly, tell them that since no one has been returning your phone calls that you would like to speak to a person that can help you right away. Stay on the phone until someone tells you the results. Good luck.
laneylove
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I agree! Don't wait any longer!

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Definitely give them a call! I agree with the other ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)