Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of a disappointing appt

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 29 Replies
Not that anything went wrong but I wasn't able to see my doctor unless I waited for him to return from delivering a baby. So I just saw the crazy silly nurse who is full of positive and super chipper comments. Refreshing to be around someone like her I guess but anyhow, she didn't measure me but said I'm measuring fine??? And then said my bp is a little low which could explain why I get dizzy while sitting. I gained 5 lbs thanks to all of those garbs I've been packing away. Appt lasted less than 10 min from start to finish. Anatomy scan is set for April 24th. Kind of excited foc that one. Next appt is May 1st so I better see the doctor damnit!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy2b90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for the gender scan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I know, right! Not sure if we will find out the gender! I am so torn this time. The last two I was sure I didn't want to know. I love that extra special feeling of not knowing.

Quoting happymommy2b90: Yay for the gender scan!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
It's always a bummer when you don't get to see the actual dr. My dr office is right across the street from the hospital so alot of times you will see him running across the street to and from delivering babies, it's hilarious! Especially since he's in his 60's lmao!!! He's a great dr though and I'm so glad I get to use him again for this baby!

At least you have your anatomy scan to look forward to! It's always fun getting to see baby in there whether you find out the gender or not :)

PS - those super happy nurses kind of drive me crazy! Lol!
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Okay, that would be a sight to see! My docs office is only about 1 mile from the hospital. He was out at my sisterin laws last appt, too. She is 4wks behind me. I've only met him once so far. I really better see him next time at 21wks.

Yes, she is a little much at times. I can't believe she didn't measure me or tell me my bp. Just seemed odd! I suppose I could measure myself for peace of mind lol.

Quoting missbritt22: It's always a bummer when you don't get to see the actual dr. My dr office is right across the street from the hospital so alot of times you will see him running across the street to and from delivering babies, it's hilarious! Especially since he's in his 60's lmao!!! He's a great dr though and I'm so glad I get to use him again for this baby!

At least you have your anatomy scan to look forward to! It's always fun getting to see baby in there whether you find out the gender or not :)

PS - those super happy nurses kind of drive me crazy! Lol!
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM

My doctor doesn't start checking fundal height until 20 weeks.

Quoting tsmcconnell: Okay, that would be a sight to see! My docs office is only about 1 mile from the hospital. He was out at my sisterin laws last appt, too. She is 4wks behind me. I've only met him once so far. I really better see him next time at 21wks. Yes, she is a little much at times. I can't believe she didn't measure me or tell me my bp. Just seemed odd! I suppose I could measure myself for peace of mind lol.
Quoting missbritt22: It's always a bummer when you don't get to see the actual dr. My dr office is right across the street from the hospital so alot of times you will see him running across the street to and from delivering babies, it's hilarious! Especially since he's in his 60's lmao!!! He's a great dr though and I'm so glad I get to use him again for this baby! At least you have your anatomy scan to look forward to! It's always fun getting to see baby in there whether you find out the gender or not :) PS - those super happy nurses kind of drive me crazy! Lol!

HazelBug
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
At least you know that the doctor prioritizes the woman in labor though.

I've been taking my blood pressure at home a lot and mine is pretty low much of the time. My diastolic number is consistently below 60. I get light headed and dizzy a lot if I'm not careful. Increasing my salt intake and drinking more water helped. So did eating bananas.
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Have you ever felt dizzy while sitting? It was so strange to me that I felt this way. I thought maybe my pants were to tight lol.
I'll try some more banana's. I'm already on a higher calcium, potasium, and sodium regimen due to SVT and palpitations but have been eating less banana's lately.

Quoting HazelBug: At least you know that the doctor prioritizes the woman in labor though.

I've been taking my blood pressure at home a lot and mine is pretty low much of the time. My diastolic number is consistently below 60. I get light headed and dizzy a lot if I'm not careful. Increasing my salt intake and drinking more water helped. So did eating bananas.
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Good to know! My SIL see's the same doctor and has used him for now 3 children and she said he usually does after 12wks. Hope he's there next time and measures!

Quoting cjsjellybean:

My doctor doesn't start checking fundal height until 20 weeks.

Quoting tsmcconnell: Okay, that would be a sight to see! My docs office is only about 1 mile from the hospital. He was out at my sisterin laws last appt, too. She is 4wks behind me. I've only met him once so far. I really better see him next time at 21wks. Yes, she is a little much at times. I can't believe she didn't measure me or tell me my bp. Just seemed odd! I suppose I could measure myself for peace of mind lol.
Quoting missbritt22: It's always a bummer when you don't get to see the actual dr. My dr office is right across the street from the hospital so alot of times you will see him running across the street to and from delivering babies, it's hilarious! Especially since he's in his 60's lmao!!! He's a great dr though and I'm so glad I get to use him again for this baby! At least you have your anatomy scan to look forward to! It's always fun getting to see baby in there whether you find out the gender or not :) PS - those super happy nurses kind of drive me crazy! Lol!

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Im sorry you didnt get to see your ob today but yay for good appointment. I saw nurse practioner the last month I was pregnant because my doctor was on maternity leave herself. I didnt know the doctor that delivered other than he worked in the practice too. I liked him up until he flipped Caitlin (she was in an off position) with out telling me. It really hurt and I had an epidural. I guess it was that or a c section since she was stubborn
happymommy2b90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I could never wait im way to impatient lol

Quoting tsmcconnell: I know, right! Not sure if we will find out the gender! I am so torn this time. The last two I was sure I didn't want to know. I love that extra special feeling of not knowing.

Quoting happymommy2b90: Yay for the gender scan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)