Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that's the end...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM
  • 15 Replies
Of me sleeping in my back. I can feel the pins & needles feeling in my legs when Im on my back. :( sleeping on my side isnt that comfy.

Anyone else having this issue
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firenygirl180
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Not yet. I had horrible hip/leg/back pain with my first and couldn't sleep on my back after 6 months. I was miserable.

So far minimal pain this pregnancy.

I hope you find a comfy position that works. Do you have a body pillow or pregnancy pillow. I find that if i prop half my back/chest up i sleep way better
girlintheback
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I am! But I always wake up on my back still!! Driving me insane!
delia42
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Yes, I use a pillow between my legs

shelly377
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I want to sleep on my back so bad.  But we can't because the weight of our baby and uterus cuts off circulation in a main vein.  And this is not good for baby and us.  Baby needs oxygen.  But I have woken up a couple times on my back-yikes.  Just hurts to keep switching sides.

aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:12 AM

i am uncomfortable any way i sleep, i usually sleep on my back (when not preg) so i still find myself trying to sleep that way i just lay  a pillow under one of my hips so i am not flat, it works 50% of the time lol good luck

ACsLady
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM

I'm not a back sleeper, but I've been having to shift how I sleep too. I can lay flat on my stomach still, but I can feel my uterus very clearly, so it's not as comfy. I normally sleep half on my stomach/half on my side anyway. That should still be comfy for a while for me.

I hate when I get to the point of having to sleep on my sides all the time.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I'm half on my stomach/side too.  I hate not being able to sleep completely on my stomach!!

Quoting ACsLady:

I'm not a back sleeper, but I've been having to shift how I sleep too. I can lay flat on my stomach still, but I can feel my uterus very clearly, so it's not as comfy. I normally sleep half on my stomach/half on my side anyway. That should still be comfy for a while for me.I hate when I get to the point of having to sleep on my sides all the time.

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Totally! My back is very uncomfortable to lay on. I am able to sleep on my side/stomach wit a pillow yonder me just right. I hate that these days are limited! I could feel the baby last night while trying to fall asleep so I'm wondering if I should stop? But my left shoulder is sore from hurting it a few weeks ago when dd fell off the bed and I caought her one armed very quickly over a desk chair. So I dread strictly side sleeping.
ashermeta
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Oddly enough I never sleep on my back EXCEPT when pregnant lol. I think it's my body being defiant knowing I am eventually not supposed to. Enjoying my time feeling well because I know that will come to an end very soon.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I'm most comfortable on my stomach which is soon to come to an end! I can still kind of sleep on my tummy but I have to kick my knee out to give room for my big ol belly, hahaha! Super sucks though!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)