Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone experience depression while pregnant? I have had depression off and on while non-pregnant and never dealt with it while pregnant until now. With everything that has happened in the last month it isn't hard to believe. I'm going to talk to my doctor at my appointment tomorrow. I hope she can give me some advice on what to do. I really hate feeling like this and it makes it hard to care for myself let alone my other two girls

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ashleywagoner
by Ashley on May. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
No, I haven't. I can only imagine how hard that must be. Prayers and hugs.
MissJordy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM

No I haven't. But I'm glad to see you've reckonised it in yourself and are seeking help :) good luck! x

ashermeta
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
I am going through it now due to crappy recent life events. Some days are easier than others and most times I'm embarrassed to even bring anything up to anyone which makes it worse. I try to keep as busy as possible to keep my mind off of the downers in life. Anything specific you are going through? Also, I agree it's awesome you could recognise this yourself and want to seek help. Good luck and pm me if you wanna chat more!
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on May. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I typically get anxiety but sometimes depression too.  Definitely talk to your doctor!!  I refuse to go on mediciation because of a previous "issue" but for some it may help.

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on May. 5, 2014 at 9:06 AM
I lost my son while pregnant with dd1. I was told to try a bit of exercise or walking with a good friend, not alone. Also, aromatherapy, diet, sunlight, and company!
joyful_mama
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
This is all good advice

I have suffered with depression in pregnancy. Last time was the worst. I also ended up with rather severe PPD.

Do talk to your doctor or someone. I waited too long and it was really bad before the man realized I really needed help.

If your SO and a good friend or two know they can help you.

I've had a little trouble this time. I think mostly because it was so soon after my last and so unexpected.

I take extra vitB complex and vit D. Also I've heard that good gut flora (taking a good probiotic) and cod liver oil helps. Those are all fine to take while pregnant.

Seeing a counselor helped me too.

Quoting tsmcconnell: I lost my son while pregnant with dd1. I was told to try a bit of exercise or walking with a good friend, not alone. Also, aromatherapy, diet, sunlight, and company!
Mrs.Becki
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM
No, but I do have a friend that suffered from it. Glad you are reaching out for help. She also had ppd after, and had family and friends that helped watch kids while she got the help she needed. It's important to tell your doctor and reach out to close friends and family to help!
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on May. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Thank you for the advice. I plan on talking to my doctor today. I just wish I wasn't so down most of the time. It does make it so hard to take proper care of the girls and myself. It also makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong :( I was actualy fine until about a month ago when dh decided he was going to his CDL training. I tried really hard to talk him into waiting until after the baby is born but he wouldn't hear me out. So it's just stressful going through this pregnancy by myself and possibly the birth as well. Sure, I have my MIL but she's very judgey and likes to give me her opinion on everything. She also thinks that I should follow it more than going with what I feel is right for me. On top of that, dh told me it would better for him if I asked to be induced this time instead of going into labor on my own so he'd have a stronger possiblilty to be here for the birth. It's very frustrating at this point

Quoting joyful_mama: This is all good advice I have suffered with depression in pregnancy. Last time was the worst. I also ended up with rather severe PPD. Do talk to your doctor or someone. I waited too long and it was really bad before the man realized I really needed help. If your SO and a good friend or two know they can help you. I've had a little trouble this time. I think mostly because it was so soon after my last and so unexpected. I take extra vitB complex and vit D. Also I've heard that good gut flora (taking a good probiotic) and cod liver oil helps. Those are all fine to take while pregnant. Seeing a counselor helped me too.
Quoting tsmcconnell: I lost my son while pregnant with dd1. I was told to try a bit of exercise or walking with a good friend, not alone. Also, aromatherapy, diet, sunlight, and company!

missbritt22
by Brittany on May. 5, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Sorry your having a hard time momma! I've only ever had ppd and only with my second baby. I would def talk to your dr about it and discuss your options. Hope you get the help you need and start feeling better soon :) Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)