• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm I just being "hormonal" or is this a really weird thing to say? O/T (kind of a vent)

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today my SIL told me that she is pregnant (7 weeks) but that they aren't telling anyone other than adults in the immediate family until the second trimester (they didn't even think she could get pregnant as they have been trying for a while).  So we are talking about it and she is asking me questions and then out of nowhere says, "You know if something does happen and we lose this baby I am going to have a real problem with you and you being pregnant."  It just completely threw me for a loop!  I mean I understand, we tried for four years before getting pregnant this time, and in those years there were several babies born between my family and friends but I would never even imagine saying that to them!  I was always of course a little sad but still happy for them, especially the ones that had been trying.  I don't know, what do you think, is that just a weird thing to say?  

*Disclaimer- I am not mad or anything like that just curious if I was the only one who found it odd.  

by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
girlintheback
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That was kind if a psycho thing to say. Nothing has even happened and who says that?! God, people these days are just stupid and don't know how to communicate with other people. My grandmother today told me that her and my aunt were just talking about how fat I'm getting and I'm way too big for 22 weeks.
missbritt22
by Brittany on May. 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM
That's pretty messed up!!! I mean that's something she should have kept to herself! It's nobody's fault if she miscarries, so it would be just plain rude and wrong to punish you for it! I would have said something if it was me personally. It just blows my mind she would say something like that!

My sil was trying to get preggo a month after I found out I was preggo and her body immediately rejected it before anything could be set in stone. She always has a regular period and ended up having one only 2 weeks after trying. I could tell she was sad and things got kind of rocky in her marriage but she never once told me she wasn't happy for me!!! I didnt go and rub anything in her face and I tried not to talk about my pregnancy as much for a while since I knew she was having a hard time excepting it. She's totally fine now and knew it wasn't meant to be.
MissJordy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Wow.. Don't get me wrong we lost a baby at 12 weeks last year when my friend was due 4 weeks ahead of me but I didn't suddenly hate her because she had a baby but I was devastated we'd lost ours.. I can't imagine someone saying that to me!

ashleywagoner
by Ashley on May. 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM
She sounds really immature.
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on May. 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Wow, that is definitely strange.

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on May. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
People can say some real conceided crap, that is for sure. She obviously has some issues with herself to think so negatively. Especially knowing it took you so long, too. How rude of her.
little.worthen
by on May. 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Is she a blunt honest person? If so it seems normal to me. I think that's one of those things that if/when it happens, we all think but most people never say.
4weeman
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Yeah that's weird...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)