Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are they excited?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

This is my little guy Ryder. He's 21 months and a wild little thing. He's my world! He doesn't quite understand that he's getting a baby brother or sister soon but he is thrilled thinking he's getting a kitty lol. I took him to an ultrasound a few weeks ago and when he saw the baby he screamed "Kitty" and asked "is for Ryder mama?". Then he proceeded to meow at the screen the rest of the visit. He's a ham! If you ask him where his kitty is he'll point to my, or his, belly. 

He's still young so he doesn't understand the changes coming just yet. He just recenetly started getting jealous when I hold other babies. That has me a little worried he's not going to be too happy about it for awhile. Do your other LO's understand? How are they reacting?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM

my 6 yo is excited but he really wanted another boy. my 4yo doesnt really care and my 2yo well she doesnt understand but i think she will have the hardest time adjusting.

jaden332
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I'm afraid my little guy will have a hard time adjusting. I was 5 when my little sister was born and I was crazy excited but my 2.5 year old brother was not pleased. He offered my mom all the money in his piggy bank to take to her back lol. We laugh now but my mom had a really hard time with him because he really wasn't happy about not being the baby anymore. I'm hoping Ryder takes it much better.

Quoting aarensmommy:

my 6 yo is excited but he really wanted another boy. my 4yo doesnt really care and my 2yo well she doesnt understand but i think she will have the hardest time adjusting.

momof1boy408
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM
My six year old son is beyond excited. Not a day goes by that he's hugging, kissing, talking and singing to the baby. He can't wait to meet her. My DSD who will be 12 in August is excited, doesn't really show it, yesterday I had her put her hand on my belly and the baby kicked, she could stop smiling and started talking to her.
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:44 PM
My 5 year old is excited to get another baby sister. She can't wait to help with the diaper changes and picking out outfits. She has even started practicing breast feeding her dolls. My youngest is only 11 months old and will be 14/15 months when baby is born. She will probably be jealous and extra whiny when she is born
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:44 PM
My 5 year old is excited to get another baby sister. She can't wait to help with the diaper changes and picking out outfits. She has even started practicing breast feeding her dolls. My youngest is only 11 months old and will be 14/15 months when baby is born. She will probably be jealous and extra whiny when she is born
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Not sure how well my 2yr old really gets it but she always says baby girl is inside <3 she lives babies and is okay with me holding only one so far lol
4weeman
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM
My youngest is 4, the baby will be an issue at first. I will just be kind and patient and ask him to help with the baby to make him feel included.
CutieCrab
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM

My ds is almost 6... So yeah he kind of understands. He is pretty excited about it.  Well he tells me "I can't wait until my baby sister gets here."

missbritt22
by Brittany on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM
My two boys understand pretty well :) They are 5 and 6 1/2. My oldest is really excited! He loves babies! My youngest will say he yes if you ask him if he is ready to be a big brother but usually changes the subject, lol! He has told me baby is not aloud to play with his trains, lol!
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a 3 year old and almost 18 month old.  My 3 year old is really excited.  She is convinced she is getting a sister so I hope she is right, though I am trying to prep her in case it is another boy.  My 17 month old has no idea what is going on, lol.  It's funny because DD was all about rubbing my belly and such when I was pregnant with DS and DS doesn't have a clue that anything is going on.  He is 1 month older than DD was when I got pregnant.  (Like DD was 11 months when I got pregnant with DS, DS was 12 months when I got pregnant with this baby)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)