• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its going to be a long 8 weeks

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I am 32 weeks 1 day and last few weeks started contracting. Last week the contractions got worse and went in for a stress test. At the stress test I was contratcing every 6-10 mins doc started me on nifedapine and that helped a ton didn't take the contractions away but they were like every hour and I wasn't dialating thank god well went in for appt today still on nifedapine and stil contracting some doc decided to start steroids just in case she decides to come early she needs to stay in at least another 5 weeks in order fir me to be able to deliver at our local hospital. To make things worse my hubby is really grumpy I think it's from the stress hopefully all will work out I want a happy healthy baby
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
All will work out well! I'm glad you recognize his grumpiness is probably from stress too. Many forget about daddy's feeling through these tough times too. Did the doctor decide to test to see if baby may come early. It's some swab they do I think.
Often I contact some days every 7min or so but I have an irritable uterus I guess. And it's my 5th.
huntermom85
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Doc was going to do the fetal fibronectin test but we decided that sense the test isn't 100% that we would just take the safe road and start steroids cuz the FFN only shows you MAY deliver in the next 48hours. Hubby likes giving me the shots tho lol. He is under s huge amount of stress not only do we have this baby giving us a possible early scare but he is also trying to finish our basement before she shows her pretty little face so we can setup the nursery up stairs. And working full time. Plus he volunteers for search and rescue and fire department, so needless to say he's stressed. I worry about him!!
HoustonMom22
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

After reading this...I'm thinking maybe I should go get checked to be on the safe side too. I'm in my 32nd week and having lots of contractions too. Hmmmm....l

rachellaree20
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I hope everything turns out ok!  I'm 30 weeks 3 days and have had a lot of contractions off and on, especially when I'm working.  I'm dilated to 1 centimeter but my OB isn't worried about it yet since the contractions always stop when I drink water and lay down.

huntermom85
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:46 PM
My Ob says more than 4 contractions in a hour that don't go away when you relax should be seen

Quoting HoustonMom22:

After reading this...I'm thinking maybe I should go get checked to be on the safe side too. I'm in my 32nd week and having lots of contractions too. Hmmmm....l

huntermom85
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Wush mine would go away even with the nifedapine they don't go away completely

Quoting rachellaree20:

I hope everything turns out ok!  I'm 30 weeks 3 days and have had a lot of contractions off and on, especially when I'm working.  I'm dilated to 1 centimeter but my OB isn't worried about it yet since the contractions always stop when I drink water and lay down.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Hope baby stays put!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)