Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby clothes at the hospital?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
Will you take outfits for the baby to wear at the hospital or just let him/her wear what the hospital provides? With my ds the only clothes I packed for him was his going home outfit, the rest of the time he wore what the hospital provided. I'm kind of thinking about doing the same with this baby.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KJ_on
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Yep I will bring a couple onsies :)
TS9509
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I'm afraid of the hospital changing the clothes and not getting them back.

Quoting KJ_on: Yep I will bring a couple onsies :)
KJ_on
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Babies generally room in with mommy so no chance of that. :)

Quoting TS9509: I'm afraid of the hospital changing the clothes and not getting them back.

TS9509
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I kept my ds in the room with me the entire time except for once when he had to go to the nursery for a few test.

Quoting KJ_on: Babies generally room in with mommy so no chance of that. :)

Quoting TS9509: I'm afraid of the hospital changing the clothes and not getting them back.

KJ_on
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Honestly you can insist that daddy go.with baby to.nursery too. No reason to ever be separated from a parent :)

Quoting TS9509: I kept my ds in the room with me the entire time except for once when he had to go to the nursery for a few test.

TS9509
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I didn't think about that. Thanks!!! How many outfits do you plan to take to the hospital for baby? The more my SO and I talk about it the more we are leaning to taking our own clothes for baby.

Quoting KJ_on: Honestly you can insist that daddy go.with baby to.nursery too. No reason to ever be separated from a parent :)

Quoting TS9509: I kept my ds in the room with me the entire time except for once when he had to go to the nursery for a few test.

jeng1980
by Jen on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I will probably take about 5 onesies and other cutesie outfits for newborn pictures.  I love taking pictures so she will have lots and lots of pictures when we are there.

Better to have to many than not enough.  I like to have a choice.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I'll just bring the pictures/coming home outfit.  It's not worth it to me, I'm too tired to keep changing clothes lol.

Mrs.Becki
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I am going to bring some comfy Jammie's, a onesie, and an outfit for home :)
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Ill bring a few onsies and gowns. I always put baby in my own clothes and never had problems getting them taken off or anything like that. I love newborn gowns as they make diaper changes sooo much easier!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)