Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low fluid

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 11 Replies
So last week I was at 4 cm. Now it's up to 5. They said it's low but every time I asked them if I should be concerned they just say there going to keep an eye on it. So what do you guys think? Should I be concerned?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whit0416
by Whitney on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I have 27 which is too much but I have heard that too much is better than too little. Is there any methods to increasing fluid? I know if it gets too low they will induce because it can be really bad for baby. Sorry I don't have great advice but good luck!
mamashealovekin
by Shea on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Bump
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I've never had low fluid, only too much, so I'm not sure. Here's a bump though!
redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Up your water intake. 5-25 is normal according to my doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamashealovekin
by Shea on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Yeah but it's definitely on the low end. And there worried since fluid decreases as the weeks progress, it will get to low. I already drink tons of water. But with my diabetes, placenta previa and SUA that could be a major factor as to why it's low

Quoting redneck.crazy: Up your water intake. 5-25 is normal according to my doc.
SerpentsKiss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM
I had low fluid. Ended up finding out that it was due to ruptured membranes. Had my daughter 11 weeks early because of it.
redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Yes it is on the low side. SUA?

((Hugs))

Quoting mamashealovekin: Yeah but it's definitely on the low end. And there worried since fluid decreases as the weeks progress, it will get to low. I already drink tons of water. But with my diabetes, placenta previa and SUA that could be a major factor as to why it's low

Quoting redneck.crazy: Up your water intake. 5-25 is normal according to my doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamashealovekin
by Shea on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Single umbilical artery

Quoting redneck.crazy: Yes it is on the low side. SUA?

((Hugs))

Quoting mamashealovekin: Yeah but it's definitely on the low end. And there worried since fluid decreases as the weeks progress, it will get to low. I already drink tons of water. But with my diabetes, placenta previa and SUA that could be a major factor as to why it's low

mamashealovekin
by Shea on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM
They did a swab test and it was negative

Quoting SerpentsKiss: I had low fluid. Ended up finding out that it was due to ruptured membranes. Had my daughter 11 weeks early because of it.
SerpentsKiss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That is good. Hopefully you just need to increase the amount of water that you drink.

Quoting mamashealovekin: They did a swab test and it was negative

Quoting SerpentsKiss: I had low fluid. Ended up finding out that it was due to ruptured membranes. Had my daughter 11 weeks early because of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)