Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wearing

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM
  • 6 Replies
I need some suggestions on carriers... There are a million options sono want some personal reviews :). I don't want a wrap bc DH won't wear it. We want one we can both use. I've also heard the ones the baby sits in are better than the ones they hang in due to hip issues...
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jaden332
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I have a Tula carrier: http://www.tulababycarriers.com/products/spotted-love-tula-ergonomic-baby-carrier

And a Baby Bjorn: http://www.babybjorn.com/baby-carriers/baby-carrier-one/?color=black&material=mesh

I like them both but DH won't use the Tula. It's too "girly". He like the Bjorn because it's sporty.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I have a Beco and an Ergo.  You'd get more use out of an ergo probably since they are a bit wider.  I've seen some people on the bw boards finding them on sale right now at Target for around $50 which is a steal if you have a target near you that has some in stock.  I just ordered a Kinderpack for my 3 year old that I am super excited to try out, but it won't be here for another month or so.

ruthie11617
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I bought a mei tai from a WAHM on Etsy with my last baby and loved it. When they are small, they curl up in it (no dangling legs), so no hip issues, and as they get older, you adjust so they are more comfortable. I've read that it can be used to carry on your back as well as the front, but I never tried it with him. They can either face towards you or out towards the world, as well, which is really nice. I have two of them now; one for summer/spring, and one for fall/winter (it's lined with minky and really warm).

Buying them on Etsy, I only paid about $30 for each, maybe a little extra for shipping. It was more than two years ago, so I don't remember exactly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I have a mei tai that I love. After finding out that I was pregnant I bought a baby k'tan that I'm excited to use
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM
I have a k'tan and Moby. Hear great things about mei tai's! My sister in law has a handmade one.
CutieCrab
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I bought an infantino mei tai

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)