Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is my baby small?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • 24 Replies
My first child (boy) was normal weight...8lbs. Then my 2nd (girl) was 5lbs 2 Oz's. I had IUGR with her...she was always under 10th percentile on all US's. Now this baby (boy) they started doing US's for growth last week (30weeks) and they said he measured 3lbs 4ozs and was 33rd percentile. They started the scans cause they thought he was measuring big. They say that is normal weight. I just seen a post of a growth chart and for 30 weeks it said he should weight like 2lbs8ozs or so. I feel like he is on bigger size. My home health nurse told me yesterday that it was on the smaller size. Has anyone else had growth scans recently and what was your weight? Any thoughts on current baby's size?? Its driving me nuts cause I do not want to end up with IUGR again. Thanks
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:54 PM
My baby is 4.7 and my doctor isn't worried
by Kristin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I haven't had any scans since 20 weeks and unless there is a medical reason I won't have one. Try to remember ultraaoubds aren't always accurate baby can weigh more or less than what the scan shows. I had one with my oldest a week before I had her and was told she as 6.5 pounds and would probably be closer to 7 at birth. She was oy 5pounds 14 ounces
by Whitney on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I'm 32 weeks and baby girl is 5.5 pounds and in the 100th percentile. I have polyhydramanos which is slot of fluid, and one side effect is big babies.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks and baby was 3 lbs 2 oz. They said he was measuring big and about 2 weeks ahead of where he should be in weight. 

by Brittany on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I go in for an us on the 6th of next month, but I know my baby isn't measuring big. I'm thinking he will be around 3 1/2 lbs maybe 4 lbs idk. At 20 weeks he was 12 oz which I think is average. My belly has been measuring exactly with my gestation never above.

To me your baby sounds average, not big and not small. And us aren't always 100% accurate, keep that in mind....
by Shea on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I had one at 30 weeks and she was 3lbs 10oz. I'm almost 33 now and find out tomorrow where she is at now
by Stephanie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I had an ultrasound at 29w6d and the baby was measuring 3.4 pounds.

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Thanks guys...from what I can tell he sounds to be maybe right around where he should be. And yes the US tech told me it can be give or take 8 Oz's off either way so I'm just hoping its not over. I just want him to be healthy that's all. Sometimes the way he gets moving in there tho.....makes me think he's huge lol. @mamashealovekin...what did your baby weight yesterday if you don't mind? Just curious. Thanks
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I think it's normal. My 32 week ultrasound said 3 lbs 9 oz and 27th percentile. They said that means he's not huge but not too small or too big either
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Yes! So my babys head and abdomen were measuring a bit behind, now shes caught up and all looks okay. But shes "smaller". She weighed 2 lbs and 5oz at 28 weeks and 3lbs 11oz at almost 32 weeks. So she dropped from 33rd percentile to 28th percentile. They're monitoring her so she doesnt keep dropping and will make a call to deliver her at 37 weeks if shes dropping too much weight. Apparently my placenta has higher than normal resistance :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)