Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain on one side...what can I do to make it stop?!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

I think little one is wedged in my pelvis on the lower left hand side and it hurts like h%#&!! I've tried laying on the other side to get him to move over, but it is not working. It hurts inside my pelvis down toward my upper thigh and even along side the left side of my abdomen almost constantly. First, do you think this means he is head down and dropped now? Second, and most important, what can I do to get some relief?! I am wearing a maternity belt to try to lift him up and out a little bit, but it has almost zero effect. Have you ladies experienced this and been able to find some relief?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof1boy408
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM
I have not, sorry. But here is a bump.
CutieCrab
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM

I have experienced this...  I say just deal with it, baby will move...  Eventually.

jaden332
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I've been going through this as well. It's awful. I've been laying on the opposite side but that only helps for a relieve a little pressure. I haven't found much else that works. I guess we just have to wait till LO moves position. =/

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Can you push on him a little to see if that will get him to move?

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Sounds kinda like ligament pains to me. I get them a lot, unfortunately. Warm compress and laying on the other side helps me some.

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I would say trying moving baby. If that doesn't help you could try taking some tylenol if it's too much

HoustonMom22
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

At least I am not the only one. It does feel better when I lay on the opposite side, but obviously with 2 other kids and a job outside of the home I can't just lay around all day...booo!! I've been pushing on him a lot, and he seems to move a little over but then goes right back where he was. I guess it's comfortable for him there...too bad it's not as comfy for me. Ouch!

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I have had this a couple times this past week. Ice! Seems to help and we'll make baby move some. I also rub lavender oil on my sore spots or peppermint but not where baby is.
Mrs.Becki
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Have you tried those exercises for moving baby off your spine? I know it's supposed to be just for the sciatic nerve, but it may work so it's worth a try! I had to do it and it worked pretty fast. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you get on all floor on hands and knees and rock forward and back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)