Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For you breast feeding pros..

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
What all do I need before baby gets here? I have breast pads and pump. What are the best bras? Did you have to wear bras to bed? Do I need to invest in certain shirts? Help!
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaden332
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I wore nursing tanks with pads to bed for a few weeks right after he was born. I leaked the most at night because LO was an all night sleeper. I found target had some comfy and cute bras. I liked ny tanks from Motherhood or Gap. I didn't really use pads for more than a few weeks and mainly at night. My pump was awesome though!
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I got my nursing tanks that I used with Caitlin from walmart but I know Motherhood has good nursing tanks. Make sure you have some Lanolin as it's a life saver for your nipples. You may need to wear a bra or nursing tank to bed with a breast pad. I leaked all the time with Caitlin

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I wear a lot of sports bras when I'm nursing, and on nights when I was super engorged, I'd sleep with no shirt and a towel under me on the bed. I like nursing camis, to wear under a comfy t-shirt for nursing when out and about. Otherwise, I just wear either regular bras or whatever brand nursing bra I can fit into. The one thing I can say is get Lanolin! Use it frequently and profusely. xD It's safe for baby, so you don't have to wash it off between feedings.

HoustonMom22
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM

You need bottles that will fit the pump too. Once you get going, you will want to save any extra "liquid gold" you can! 

ashleywagoner
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Destination maternity has the best sleep nursing bras.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I def had to sleep in nursing bras! Usually fell asleep with my boob hanging out, lol, but you will def leak on the side you aren't nursing on and will need some pads. I leaked for the entire year I bf my last baby! Every time my milk would drop, the flood gates opened! Hahaha! I second the lanolin nipple ointment! It works wonders! I also slept with a towel under both me and baby in case baby fell asleep nursing and didn't get to burp, they will spit up sometimes and it saves your clean sheets from having to be changed! Of course that if you are planning to cosleep, which I did for the first 6-7 months....
jeng1980
by Jen on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Great suggestions so far.  I will add a boppy pillow to the mix.  I bought tommy tippee bottles to go with my breastpump this time.  Most pumps come with a few bottles.  I plan to let my 3 kids feed baby a little.  They have requested to feed her so I couldn't say no.

Def need a bra at night.  I got my nursing tanks from old navy.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I like the bras and tanks from Target, they are so comfortable!!  I'll have to check the brand as I am not sure what they are called.  I liked doing the tanks since I could just layer any type of shirt above it and always have my stomach covered.

Mrs.Becki
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Good advice so far! I'd like to add that you are going to go up and down on your breast sizes so don't stock up on one size bra!! I thought my boobs were gigantic before my milk came in with just pregnancy mKing them grow 2sizes, but it grew another size with the milk. Then after baby wasn't nursing so much my size changed again so don't go crazy buying one size. Plus you'll start to lose weight and need a different size for that.
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Sleep bras! Walmart online has some. I one the ones I have from target! I have the tanks from target but they are big in the stomach so u can't wear under a shirt. At least I didn't like how they for but wear them to bed. Your going to want something with stretch and no underwrite for awhile until baby is a few months old then you can consider a proper fitting wire bra.

I hate lanolin! Many women can have sensitivities to it and not know it. I like coconut oil or earth mama angel baby nipple butter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)