Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else experiencing prodromal labor?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Jen
  • 16 Replies

There's a difference in Braxton Hicks contractions and real early labor.  I had Braxton Hicks for about 15 weeks starting at 30 weeks. They were not painful.  Then this past weekend I started having painful contracctions however they are not regular ones.  I went to L&D and got checked out because I was having to breathe through the contractions.  It felt like someone was stabbing me in my lower belly and below.  Also had a dull backache.  All signs of prodromal/early labor.  Of course L&D sent me home after monitoring because I was having contractions but they were of no pattern and therefore called them Braxton Hicks.  

Braxton Hicks my behind!!! It's making it very difficult for me to go about my daily activities.  I have been exhausted.  Monday I slept pretty much all day on and off and the kids and I got finished doing their schoolwork.  I slept all night Monday night(which I Haven't been), rested all day Tuesday while my sister did housework for me and took care of the kids, slept all night Tuesday and now I am waking up and exhausted again.  Feel like I haven't slept well.

I am ready for this baby to be here however, I know that she needs to stay in at least 2 more weeks.

Anyone else going through the early labor thing?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:40 AM
I have only had BH contractions and I don't have those very often. sleep is becoming a thing of the past and trying to keep up with my 13 month old is a challenge at times
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:40 AM
I have only had BH contractions and I don't have those very often. sleep is becoming a thing of the past and trying to keep up with my 13 month old is a challenge at times
4weeman
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Yes. They stopped my labor at l&d, told me it was too early. Sucks. Nowmy painful contractions come and go with no rhyme or reason.
_ethansmommy
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I have been having them for a bit now, but I haven been to l&d. I am 36.5 weeks so they wouldn't stop it at this point. I'm pretty sure baby is coming soon. Plus my dog keeps licking the air at me cause she is worried lol
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I am not thank goodness.  I've heard of people having it for weeks though.  I can't imagine and I hope you get some relief soon!

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Ugh, took the words from my mouth. My BH contractions are a tightening in my tummy that doesn't hurt, doesn't cause my back to tighten. This week, I'm having these contractions where my lower back gets so tight I can feel every pulse beating there, and my stomach is hard, for about a minute each. I told my OB yesterday and she said, "huh." and handed me the "when to go to L&D paperwork". Today, baby has dropped and it feels like my pelvis is going to snap in half and fall out. :/ He needs at least another week in there. He's measuring 37 weeks 4 on the sonograms, but I'm 35 and 6. OB says she sincerely doubts I'll see my due date.

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Me! They have been so bad lately. I've even woke up to them. Mine I can feel coming on. There is pressure in my stomach and chest them everything gets really tight and hurts. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and breath. Often I pul me knees up some. I know my baby has been face up which caused this problem for me. I'm starting spinning babies techniques for alignment starting tomorrow and next Thursday at 37 weeks i will start techniques during contractions to promote baby to either turn anterior and/or out good pressure on my cervix. I really don't want her to come until September but from experience with my last two I know once baby drops low it's harder to get them to change position.
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I know how you feel! Keeping up with a toddler and in your 3rd trimester is kicking my butt! Good luck to you girl! Plus my toddler still wakes up 2 times a night, I'm not getting much sleep:/

Quoting Miss.Kristin: I have only had BH contractions and I don't have those very often. sleep is becoming a thing of the past and trying to keep up with my 13 month old is a challenge at times
meagan517
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I'm in the same boat with twin toddlers running around who just turned two plus another child who needs help with homework. I don't sleep ever due to heartburn. I get Braxton hicks all day. My stomach gets super hard on and off all day. 35.6 today

Quoting yellow14: I know how you feel! Keeping up with a toddler and in your 3rd trimester is kicking my butt! Good luck to you girl! Plus my toddler still wakes up 2 times a night, I'm not getting much sleep:/

Quoting Miss.Kristin: I have only had BH contractions and I don't have those very often. sleep is becoming a thing of the past and trying to keep up with my 13 month old is a challenge at times
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Yeah I get strong Braxton hick contractions too, then I get anxious and think maybe it's time to go to the hospital, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. It feels like now time is going super slow. When your baby is born will you have help with your twin toddlers?

Quoting meagan517: I'm in the same boat with twin toddlers running around who just turned two plus another child who needs help with homework. I don't sleep ever due to heartburn. I get Braxton hicks all day. My stomach gets super hard on and off all day. 35.6 today

Quoting yellow14: I know how you feel! Keeping up with a toddler and in your 3rd trimester is kicking my butt! Good luck to you girl! Plus my toddler still wakes up 2 times a night, I'm not getting much sleep:/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)