Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I went to the doctors, I weigh 130, I was 168 7 weeks ago, 10 more pounds and in back to my original weight. I got the para guard today and it hurt so bad!
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:34 PM

That's great you're almost back to where you were pre-pregnancy! I go tomorrow for my post partum check and I'm going to get the paragard as well

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Good luck! Have you ever had the paragard before??

Quoting Miss.Kristin:

That's great you're almost back to where you were pre-pregnancy! I go tomorrow for my post partum check and I'm going to get the paragard as well

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I had mirena before but not paragard. My body didn't like the hormones with the mirena.. it gave me horrible headaches

Quoting yellow14: Good luck! Have you ever had the paragard before??
Quoting Miss.Kristin:

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Yeah, my first time with the paragard, I asked the doctor if it would decrease my milk and he assured me it wouldn't, but he told me that my periods might be more heavy than normal, but the paragard can be used up to 10 years, I didn't want the pill because I would forget it, and I have a 2 year old and a 7 week old so I don't want anymore kids for a long time lol.

Quoting Miss.Kristin:

I had mirena before but not paragard. My body didn't like the hormones with the mirena.. it gave me horrible headaches

Quoting yellow14: Good luck! Have you ever had the paragard before??

Quoting Miss.Kristin:

missbritt22
by Brittany on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:10 PM
That's great your almost back to your pre preggo weight! I'm almost there as well! I've never used paragard but I have used more a before. Gave the worst period cramps imaginable!!!! But then after the first 2 months I didn't have a period at all which was nice :) I'm not using an birth control, didn't use any in 5 years until we decided to have this guy. We use the pull out method and I'm guess we are pros at it since we didn't hVe any oopsies, lol!
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
The pull out method worked for my husband and I, but then we weren't so careful one time and that's when i ended pregnant with my 2nd, I just want the paragard for reassurance that i won't end up pregnant, because a 2 year old and a 7 week old is a lot of work. Lol

Quoting missbritt22: That's great your almost back to your pre preggo weight! I'm almost there as well! I've never used paragard but I have used more a before. Gave the worst period cramps imaginable!!!! But then after the first 2 months I didn't have a period at all which was nice :) I'm not using an birth control, didn't use any in 5 years until we decided to have this guy. We use the pull out method and I'm guess we are pros at it since we didn't hVe any oopsies, lol!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My first two boys are 17 months apart so I def understand!

Meant to say I had Mirena, but spell check changed it, lol! That was after my first baby and hubby really wanted another baby so I had it taken out because everyone kept telling me it would probably take awhile to conceive after I take it out. Ummmm, yeaahh.... First try and I was preggo! Lmao! So I got a bfp when my first was 8 months old!!!!!

Def not doing that again, which is why I waited almost 5 years to try for our 3rd baby. I would love to have one more but not anytime soon! We may think about trying for #4 when Mak is 2ish or maybe even 3 :)

Quoting yellow14: The pull out method worked for my husband and I, but then we weren't so careful one time and that's when i ended pregnant with my 2nd, I just want the paragard for reassurance that i won't end up pregnant, because a 2 year old and a 7 week old is a lot of work. Lol

Quoting missbritt22: That's great your almost back to your pre preggo weight! I'm almost there as well! I've never used paragard but I have used more a before. Gave the worst period cramps imaginable!!!! But then after the first 2 months I didn't have a period at all which was nice :) I'm not using an birth control, didn't use any in 5 years until we decided to have this guy. We use the pull out method and I'm guess we are pros at it since we didn't hVe any oopsies, lol!
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I've lost 25 of the 34 I gained as of a few weeks ago, haven't been weighed since then, I go to the OB the 20th. I got a tubal when my son was born, but I remember how bad it hurt getting a paraguard. Not fun!

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Way to go on losing that weight! I still have 10 more pounds to go! I am hoping it won't that hard losing the 10lbs, Omgoodness it hurt so bad getting the paragard, I still had my stitches in when he inserted the paragard so that made the pain even more. So glad that's done and over with. How well did the bc work for you? Problems?

Quoting Serabeth06:

I've lost 25 of the 34 I gained as of a few weeks ago, haven't been weighed since then, I go to the OB the 20th. I got a tubal when my son was born, but I remember how bad it hurt getting a paraguard. Not fun!

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM

lol I didn't do anything to lose it, most of it was gone within a week of me delivering, so it was baby, placenta, and a whooooole lot of blood and amniotic fluid. Now if I could just quit the post-partum bleeding, that would be awesome. Blah. And ouch! My OB wouldn't put in my IUD before 6 weeks pp, so that my stitches had healed. That just doesn't even sound like fun. xD I loved the paraguard. I didn't have a period until my son was 13 months old, and the first four months were HEAVY, then after that it was less and less until 1 year later, when I was back to just slightly heavier than normal periods, 4 days of bleeding and 3 days of spotting, like clockwork every month. No other side effects for me except occasional pain in certain sex positions, which was unfortunate. Mine came out after 3 years, though, don't know why. I was spitting mad, because I knew my DH would immediately want another baby and within two weeks, yep, I was knocked up. So I got a tubal this time around.

Quoting yellow14: Way to go on losing that weight! I still have 10 more pounds to go! I am hoping it won't that hard losing the 10lbs, Omgoodness it hurt so bad getting the paragard, I still had my stitches in when he inserted the paragard so that made the pain even more. So glad that's done and over with. How well did the bc work for you? Problems?
Quoting Serabeth06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)