Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does he help or are you on your own?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

Does your SO help you with the baby or are you on your own? I get help from him maybe once a day and that's it. I'm getting pretty sick of doing it all alone. 

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM

depends on his mood. He helps out but I'm so use to doing things by myself during the day I forget that he can help out when he is home. Dh does get onto me about not asking him more often about changing her since I bf and don't offer bottles

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM

My DH is awesome at helping out. He watched the older kids while I took a nap, and now he's making dinner. He lkes to cuddle on and spend time with the baby, and that gives me a chance to do other things.

loveyourenemy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM
He was helping out and now he's not really at all. Sometimes if Rilo is moving around he will try to stick the pacifier back in his mouth or sometimes he will offer to give him a bottle.
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Oct. 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much all on my own.  My husband doesn't like newborns and openly says that the newborn stage is the worst time of his life.  Nice, right?

HazelBug
by on Oct. 17, 2014 at 5:25 PM
My Husband will help. But since I breastfeed there isn't a whole lot I need him to do with the baby. I do like it when he does a lot with our toddler though. Munchkin man is full of energy.
EmilyAnn82
by Emily on Oct. 17, 2014 at 6:37 PM

My husband helped a lot the first week Noah came home, then he went back to work. He is currently working open to close (9am-9/10pm) 6 days a week. Noah is usually out for the night by the time Hubs gets home so he doesn't even usually get to hold him. On his day off, he will watch all the kids, including baby, so I can go out for a couple of hours on my own to shop or just get some me time. So, I'm basically a single mom 6 days a week to 4 kids.

tobysmom103
by Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 10:26 PM

what does he do that hes working 12-13 hours days ? i dont know if i would be sane if i was by mysef with 3 kids all day every day

Quoting EmilyAnn82:

My husband helped a lot the first week Noah came home, then he went back to work. He is currently working open to close (9am-9/10pm) 6 days a week. Noah is usually out for the night by the time Hubs gets home so he doesn't even usually get to hold him. On his day off, he will watch all the kids, including baby, so I can go out for a couple of hours on my own to shop or just get some me time. So, I'm basically a single mom 6 days a week to 4 kids.

tobysmom103
by Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 10:34 PM

he doesnt help much with the baby, just because shes breastfed and when shes awake she wants to eat. he helps a lot with the older two though when hes home he gets the 5 year old up in the mornings and ready for school and he puts the older 2 to bed at night.

bondgirl11
by on Oct. 17, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Mine won't change diapers,but that's about it. He's great with everything else
EmilyAnn82
by Emily on Oct. 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM

He's offcially titled as assistant manager at his store, Radio Shack, but is acting manager as his store no longer has one. His store is also understaffed so he has to pick up the slack. His bosses are in the process of drawing up his salary package to be the manager.

Quoting tobysmom103:

what does he do that hes working 12-13 hours days ? i dont know if i would be sane if i was by mysef with 3 kids all day every day

Quoting EmilyAnn82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)