Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think? Tmi pic...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

This has gotten brighter today. Does it look like mastitis?
I went to the doctor and he wasn't sure. This redness/bruise whatever wasn't there when I went in. But I had all the flu symptoms, my np was 90/60 and I had a fever of 102.1

It stopped hurting since I fed Sydney off that side twice but it started hurting again. I went in the bathroom and saw this. I'm putting a hot bottle of water on it... This is the most miserable thing on the planet... I'd rather have 20 c-sections than have to go through this...
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Try some ice sweetie and heat before nursing. Massage, too. I feel for us. I think it's mastitis if you had a fever too. Do not stop nursing! Are you wearing wire free bras? You can get antibiotics. Call the doctor back and tell him you have a red spot. I bet he calls you something in.
little.worthen
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM
He gave me antibiotics just in case... I've never had mastitis before so I scared as to how long I'm going to be in pain with flu like symptoms...

Quoting tsmcconnell: Try some ice sweetie and heat before nursing. Massage, too. I feel for us. I think it's mastitis if you had a fever too. Do not stop nursing! Are you wearing wire free bras? You can get antibiotics. Call the doctor back and tell him you have a red spot. I bet he calls you something in.
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I've had it once. Sucks! It's important to be nursing or pumping on somewhat of a schedule. The antibiotics started working for me after about a day. The soreness got less and less after a couple days. Your supply might fluctuate, just don't give up! And wear s supportive bra or nursing tank but stay away from something that punches, constrains, or has wires.

Quoting little.worthen: He gave me antibiotics just in case... I've never had mastitis before so I scared as to how long I'm going to be in pain with flu like symptoms...

Quoting tsmcconnell: Try some ice sweetie and heat before nursing. Massage, too. I feel for us. I think it's mastitis if you had a fever too. Do not stop nursing! Are you wearing wire free bras? You can get antibiotics. Call the doctor back and tell him you have a red spot. I bet he calls you something in.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I've never had mastitis before so I have no clue but that looks painful! Hope the a/b's help! And I agree, keep nursing on that side and don't let it get engorged!
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 5:36 AM
I've had mastitis many many many times , I have my doc on speed dial for antibiotics, mastitis makes nursing very painful and sore, try massaging your breast and take an antibiotic, your milk may decrease if you have mastitis so drink plenty of liquids and don't get discouraged your supply will come back, hot showers helped me. Good luck it's no fun!
JadiesMama
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Ouch!  Did you start the antibiotics?  Are you feeling any better today?

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Ouch!  I'm not sure.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)