Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair..

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 14 Replies

Have you gotten the dreaded pp hair loss? I'm 3 months pp and it finally happened this past week. I hate losing hair. Especially when it make me feel like a dog shedding its winter coat. It's happened everytime at 3 month pp. :( I'm getting my hair cut once I move back home to help it some. 

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Yes, I'm three months postpartum and I'm actually REALLY happy that it's coming out, finally. My hair is nearly down to my butt and the pregnancy hormones caused it to be reeeaallllyy thick, and heavy. My pony tail was so thick I could barely touch my finger to my thumb around it. >.< So now that it's coming out in handfuls, it's less heavy and thick. DH keeps telling me to go get it cut, but I haven't wanted to spend the money on it.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I think mine is starting too. While I was preggo I had no hair gather up on the drain, but now there is slowly collecting more and more, boo! I have really long thick hair, it's about 2 inches from touching the top of my pants down my back. Took my about 4 years to get it that long and I am not cutting! Most I'll get is. Trim and layers. :)
mamashealovekin
by Shea on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Mine doesn't do that. I'd to the middle of my back if it's straightened. And very thick
MommySchropp
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I JUST posted about this on facebook. My hair is sooo long too so it is such a mess when it falls out. I'm ready to chop it off again!

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Serabeth06:

Yes, I'm three months postpartum and I'm actually REALLY happy that it's coming out, finally. My hair is nearly down to my butt and the pregnancy hormones caused it to be reeeaallllyy thick, and heavy. My pony tail was so thick I could barely touch my finger to my thumb around it. >.< So now that it's coming out in handfuls, it's less heavy and thick. DH keeps telling me to go get it cut, but I haven't wanted to spend the money on it.

I completely understand about not wanting to spend money on getting a hair cut. I'm waiting until after I move back home so my ex step mom can cut my hair. She isn't even going to charge me. I really just can't stand it coming out when I'm washing my hair. Makes me feel gross

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

If my hair was that long, I couldn't imagine cutting it either. I haven't had really long hair since my oldest was born. She had a nasty habit of pulling on it so I cut to solve my problems

Quoting missbritt22: I think mine is starting too. While I was preggo I had no hair gather up on the drain, but now there is slowly collecting more and more, boo! I have really long thick hair, it's about 2 inches from touching the top of my pants down my back. Took my about 4 years to get it that long and I am not cutting! Most I'll get is. Trim and layers. :)

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I wish mine didn't do it. I normally don't have really thick hair just normal thickness. I'm sad to see it go

Quoting mamashealovekin: Mine doesn't do that. I'd to the middle of my back if it's straightened. And very thick

Miss.Kristin
by Kristin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Mine is just to my shoulders but it looks awful. I keep it pulled up so I'm not shedding everywhere

Quoting MommySchropp:

I JUST posted about this on facebook. My hair is sooo long too so it is such a mess when it falls out. I'm ready to chop it off again!

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM

nope.  I've never had hair loss after a pregnancy. 

HazelBug
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Mine is starting to shed! I'm finding hairs on all sorts of things! I've been wearing my hair in a bun so I can comb the excess hair out at once instead of it shedding all over my house. It helps some. My hair is not quite at my bra strap in the back. So it's not that long yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)