Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Traditions

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

What Christmas traditions do you have with your family? If you are a FTM what traditions do you hope to start with your lo?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

We do letters to Santa. We open one gift Christmas Eve, the Christmas Eve box with pjs, hot cocoa, candy, popcorn, and a movie. We open the rest Christmas morning, after Santa has a chance to deliver his gifts. We decorate the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the kids are the ones to put the ornaments on the tree. I cook a Christmas dinner, we eat around 5 and then snack on dessert for the rest of the night. Uhm. I think that's it. xD We just do the same stuff every year.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Ours is just about the same!

We also leave milk and cookies for Santa and sugar cubes for the reindeer :) And we almost always have a family member spend the night with us so they can be there Christmas Day. This year it's hubby's sister, last year it was my grandma and sister :)

Quoting Serabeth06:

We do letters to Santa. We open one gift Christmas Eve, the Christmas Eve box with pjs, hot cocoa, candy, popcorn, and a movie. We open the rest Christmas morning, after Santa has a chance to deliver his gifts. We decorate the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the kids are the ones to put the ornaments on the tree. I cook a Christmas dinner, we eat around 5 and then snack on dessert for the rest of the night. Uhm. I think that's it. xD We just do the same stuff every year.

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Oh, yes, we do milk and cookies, too. Last year I was soooooo full when I did the Santa stuff, DH was already asleep, and it was hard to eat those stupid cookies. >.< My kids think Santa reeeeaaallly likes his cookies, so they left out like 15 chewy Chips Ahoy cookies. We have no family here, and my family sucks, nobody celebrates holidays. My brother came one year to 'see what a family holiday looked like. He decided he doesn't like kids, stayed at a hotel, and left as quickly as he could. We just do immediate family only now.

Quoting missbritt22: Ours is just about the same! We also leave milk and cookies for Santa and sugar cubes for the reindeer :) And we almost always have a family member spend the night with us so they can be there Christmas Day. This year it's hubby's sister, last year it was my grandma and sister :)
Quoting Serabeth06:

missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
That's too funny! I always tell my boys not to leave Santa too many cookies because other kids are leaving him cookies too, lol! I told my boys we would make cookies this year, they love helping me bake!

That's a bummer about your family. We are finally moved back to our home town so majority of our family is here or within a few hours away :)

Quoting Serabeth06:

Oh, yes, we do milk and cookies, too. Last year I was soooooo full when I did the Santa stuff, DH was already asleep, and it was hard to eat those stupid cookies. >.< My kids think Santa reeeeaaallly likes his cookies, so they left out like 15 chewy Chips Ahoy cookies. We have no family here, and my family sucks, nobody celebrates holidays. My brother came one year to 'see what a family holiday looked like. He decided he doesn't like kids, stayed at a hotel, and left as quickly as he could. We just do immediate family only now.

Quoting missbritt22: Ours is just about the same! We also leave milk and cookies for Santa and sugar cubes for the reindeer :) And we almost always have a family member spend the night with us so they can be there Christmas Day. This year it's hubby's sister, last year it was my grandma and sister :)
Quoting Serabeth06:

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Yes, I think I'll tell my kids that this year. xD I thought DH was going to be up with me, so it didn't occur to me that there were too many cookies on the plate. And yeah, it is a bummer. I called my dad after Thanksgiving and they didn't even cook anything, or spend it together. :/

Quoting missbritt22: That's too funny! I always tell my boys not to leave Santa too many cookies because other kids are leaving him cookies too, lol! I told my boys we would make cookies this year, they love helping me bake! That's a bummer about your family. We are finally moved back to our home town so majority of our family is here or within a few hours away :)
Quoting Serabeth06:

Quoting Serabeth06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)