Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naps

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

How are your babies doing with naps?  Are they on a schedule yet?  If not, do you plan on putting htem on a schedule at some point?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Eliza has REALLY been fighting her naps the past few days.  It is so frustrating!  I can tell she is so so tired but she just won't go to sleep.  I took her on all my errands yesterday just so she would nap in the car.

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM

We are not on a schedule.  I just let her sleep when she wants to sleep.  I never really put any of my babies on schedules until they were older and they didn't ever really set one for themselves.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Mak is an awesome mapper! He takes about 4-5 naps a day and goes down super easy! Half the time I don't even have to have him fully asleep, he will drift off on his own :) As long as he has his blanket next to his face he is good! No schedule really, when he is sleepy he will nap.
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!!

Quoting missbritt22: Mak is an awesome mapper! He takes about 4-5 naps a day and goes down super easy! Half the time I don't even have to have him fully asleep, he will drift off on his own :) As long as he has his blanket next to his face he is good! No schedule really, when he is sleepy he will nap.

ruthie11617
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I don't do schedules with babies this young. Feed on demand, sleep when they're tired. What has been nice, however, is since I have gone back to work, she has been a champ at napping in the afternoon for me. I work midnights and she takes one LONG nap in the afternoon, which lets me sleep as well. 

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:18 PM

That must be very nice!!  I wish I was able to get a nap during the day.

Quoting ruthie11617:

I don't do schedules with babies this young. Feed on demand, sleep when they're tired. What has been nice, however, is since I have gone back to work, she has been a champ at napping in the afternoon for me. I work midnights and she takes one LONG nap in the afternoon, which lets me sleep as well. 

ashleywagoner
by Ashley on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Hadley loves to nap! We are on somewhat of a schedule. But she loves being swaddled...which we will have to stop doing soon. Worried about that...
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!!  I hope you have a smooth transition to no swaddle.

Quoting ashleywagoner: Hadley loves to nap! We are on somewhat of a schedule. But she loves being swaddled...which we will have to stop doing soon. Worried about that...

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Sydney takes a nap about every 2-3 hours in the day but her naps last 30 mins.
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM
No schedules for us. I have this friend who does schedules and god forbid the mailman knocks on her for our she gets a phone call during her kids nap time. She gets mean about it even. Her kids can't sleep with any noise at all apparently yet she says on fb they are awesome sleepers. Pffft...

I just lay Vivian down when she falls asleep. Sometimes she lays on the couch and just goes to sleep on her own. It's 9:00am in Iowa and she's still asleep! She woke up at 6:20 this morning to nurse and back to sleep she went. I better shower now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)