Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being sick

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
As a sick parent, and especially a mother, is absolutely the worst! Especially when you have a baby who is getting a cold, too.
Help me! I'm so tired!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellaree20
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I feel ya completely, I'm sick too :-(  I'm nauseous, exhausted and keep getting dizzy.  This is the third day of this crap and I'm so ready to be done with whatever this is.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Me and Mak just went through that, it is horrible! Nights were the worst because we both couldn't breathe, non stop snot and the aches :(

Hope you feel better momma! Do you have a scentsy warmer? If so put Vicks rub in it and warm it, works awesome for clearing your nasal passage!!!
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Oh how awful! Feeling better yet?

Quoting rachellaree20:

I feel ya completely, I'm sick too :-(  I'm nauseous, exhausted and keep getting dizzy.  This is the third day of this crap and I'm so ready to be done with whatever this is.

tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM
I do but no vicks! But I do have essential oils from Edens garden called breath easier. Its a pure blend with eucalyptus. I tried that in our humidifier but I can't smell it.

Quoting missbritt22: Me and Mak just went through that, it is horrible! Nights were the worst because we both couldn't breathe, non stop snot and the aches :(

Hope you feel better momma! Do you have a scentsy warmer? If so put Vicks rub in it and warm it, works awesome for clearing your nasal passage!!!
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM
Going to the doctor today. I had to cancel my appt the other day due to weather. Of course I'm feeling a bit better today but I'm not risking it getting worse again.
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Jan. 8, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Oh no!  I wasn't feeling well the other day and it was awful.  I was so thankful when DH got home.  I hope you feel better soon!

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2015 at 7:18 PM
My toddler and 4 month old have a runny nose, low grade fevers and they sound congested :/ praying it doesn't get worse, I'm nursing both of them more than 10 times a day, hope that helps them get better, the flu in my town is horrible right now! 👎 I hate flu season!! About 9 people died in my town from the flu
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:51 PM
9 people!!! Omg this is so scary! If you think they are coming down with it I would consider getting them tested in case you can use anti viral meds. How horrible!! There have been 3 deaths around me that I know of. Not directly in our town but close.

Quoting yellow14: My toddler and 4 month old have a runny nose, low grade fevers and they sound congested :/ praying it doesn't get worse, I'm nursing both of them more than 10 times a day, hope that helps them get better, the flu in my town is horrible right now! 👎 I hate flu season!! About 9 people died in my town from the flu
tsmcconnell
by Tiara on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Thanks! I'm feeling better than yesterday for sure! But still not fully better. I feel it going to my chest but :( yuck. And dh went to bed early! Maybe he isn't feeling well?

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Oh no!  I wasn't feeling well the other day and it was awful.  I was so thankful when DH got home.  I hope you feel better soon!

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2015 at 8:07 AM
I called the doctor last night, he said if there temperature reaches over 100, Then I need to take them in, last night both were 99.4, they don't have a horrible cough just a little runny nose, but I'm Definetly monitoring them, snd taking them in to the doctor right away if anything changes

Quoting tsmcconnell: 9 people!!! Omg this is so scary! If you think they are coming down with it I would consider getting them tested in case you can use anti viral meds. How horrible!! There have been 3 deaths around me that I know of. Not directly in our town but close.

Quoting yellow14: My toddler and 4 month old have a runny nose, low grade fevers and they sound congested :/ praying it doesn't get worse, I'm nursing both of them more than 10 times a day, hope that helps them get better, the flu in my town is horrible right now! 👎 I hate flu season!! About 9 people died in my town from the flu
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)