Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would like to meet some new moms!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hi, I'm Amber! My daughter will be 6 months old later this month. My husband is de
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amberlee0926
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Sorry it posted before I could finish. Husband is deployed overseas.... Would like to meet other moms. I'm a new mom!!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Mobile Photo

Welcome to the group!!! We are so glad to have you!

I'm brittany and my baby boy Mak was born on 9/24 :) He is my 3 child and also 3rd boy!

What's your daughters name? Is she your first? Feel free to post pix! Here's a pic of my little guy!
amberlee0926
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Her name is Clara :) She was born 9/26! She is our first!! Your little is so sweet!! My best friend's baby is exactly 6 weeks younger then Clara and your little fella reminds me of him!
cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Hello!  Welcome to the group!  My little, Eliza, was born September 13th.  She is my second daughter, my oldest is Samantha and she will be 4 next month.  I also have a son, Zach, who just turned 2 in December.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 5, 2015 at 3:12 PM
What a pretty name! Wow their birthdays are so close! I'm pretty sure I would have had Mak between the 25th and the 27th of my dr hadn't had me go in to break my water. But he was going out of town and I was terrified I would have the baby while he was gone! It would just be my luck, lol! So we decided to just have him break my water, especially since it was already slightly bulging and I was almost 4 cm dilate with lots of contractions!

How fun to have a friend with a baby similar in age! Do yall get together for playdates and such?

Quoting amberlee0926: Her name is Clara :) She was born 9/26! She is our first!! Your little is so sweet!! My best friend's baby is exactly 6 weeks younger then Clara and your little fella reminds me of him!
amberlee0926
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 3:49 PM

I love the name Eliza!! My husband's name is Zach, lol. :) Your kids are at fantastic ages! I hope to have three kids on day, I'm just a little worried that financially we may not be able to afford it, but then again we have mostly gender neutral equipment so that helps and... what's meant to be will happen, right?! I'm having trouble finding meetups and playdates in my area so this sight is great! I'm glad to meet you! Your little Eliza is so adorable!! They grow so fast don't they!

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Hello!  Welcome to the group!  My little, Eliza, was born September 13th.  She is my second daughter, my oldest is Samantha and she will be 4 next month.  I also have a son, Zach, who just turned 2 in December.

amberlee0926
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!! :) I know, they are so close! I'm glad he was able to break your water... I would've been worried I'd go into labor while he was gone too! Her due date was September 20th, they were going to induce on the 27th because I was only 2cms dilated the 24th. Well 2:15am I started having contractions, on the 26th went to the hospital at 6am, was 5cms then by 10:30am I was 6cms then my doctor broke my water. At 3:23pm she was born. 7lbs 9 ozs 21.5inches long. I had to signs before that morning... no contractions, not even BH, still had my muscous plug and my water hadn't broke. lol. I'm glad I only had 13 hours of labor though, her head was in my spine the whole time, back labor sucks!!! I was wondered I'd have the midwife at the doctors office who I didn't really get along with. At first they had written her name on the board in the delivery room then they told me she couldn't come so a different doctor would deliver her. I was relieved.

I think it's awesome you're a SAHM to three boys :) I'm a SAHM too for now while my husband is deployed. I'll go back to work part time once he's back at the end of the year!

Quoting missbritt22: What a pretty name! Wow their birthdays are so close! I'm pretty sure I would have had Mak between the 25th and the 27th of my dr hadn't had me go in to break my water. But he was going out of town and I was terrified I would have the baby while he was gone! It would just be my luck, lol! So we decided to just have him break my water, especially since it was already slightly bulging and I was almost 4 cm dilate with lots of contractions! How fun to have a friend with a baby similar in age! Do yall get together for playdates and such?
Quoting amberlee0926: Her name is Clara :) She was born 9/26! She is our first!! Your little is so sweet!! My best friend's baby is exactly 6 weeks younger then Clara and your little fella reminds me of him!

cjsjellybean
by Stephanie on Mar. 6, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Thank you so much!  We actually didn't have her name picked out until she was almost 12 hours old.  We just couldn't agree!

I totally get what you mean about the financial aspect of things.  I would love to have one more but they are so expensive!  Thankfully, I have both genders and have saved all their clothes so we are pretty much set, but still, I like for them to have some things of their own too.

Have you tried the site www.meetup.com?  I found an amazing playgroup on there, and it's usually pretty cheap if not free.  (The site is free to join, but the group may have a membership fee since they have to pay to have their group on the site)

Quoting amberlee0926:

I love the name Eliza!! My husband's name is Zach, lol. :) Your kids are at fantastic ages! I hope to have three kids on day, I'm just a little worried that financially we may not be able to afford it, but then again we have mostly gender neutral equipment so that helps and... what's meant to be will happen, right?! I'm having trouble finding meetups and playdates in my area so this sight is great! I'm glad to meet you! Your little Eliza is so adorable!! They grow so fast don't they!

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)