Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moved furniture

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
My hubby is working today and my oldest ds had been asking for us to switch rooms with him from ours upstairs and his downstairs. I moved both beds mainly by dragging/pushing them on the stairs as this is something that I'd normally do myself. I did things like this with NTT other two kiddos but after my mom had called and I told her what I was up to, she immediately told me how I shouldn't be doing that (was already done). Now I've been feeling horrible since I had a loss last year... It was innocent bed moving! Anyone else have stories?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've moved stuff around and haven't had any problems. I think you can do whatever you feel is safe :)
bioteach
by Ashlie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I rearranged the living room three times a week before I had DS, & still ended up leaving it like it was originally.
cjmarty
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM
I am constantly rearranging my house (I'm one of those), without assistance (excepting the occasional toddler taking a ride on the moving furniture, per mommy's suggestion), and did the same through my last pregnancy. I figure that so long as it wasn't too strenuous, and I didn't find myself out of breath that it couldn't be too bad. There must be a way to safely move furniture and exist in a semi-normal fashion as we did before we were pregnant.
crazbt4
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I move things all time.... As long as I feel I can handle it I do it
RNinthemaking15
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Thanks ladies, I started feeling pretty guilty after! I'm one of those too, I used to move my furniture weekly I swear lol! So far so good, and ds slept great in his new room
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
At some point I will have to stop lifting automotive batteries (those suckers are heavy). I was that way when I was pregnant with my youngest
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)