Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower Question...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was just wondering when it was a good time to have a baby shower. I'm only  6 weeks, so I know its too early right now, but wanted to know when I should have my sister plan one.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
other_mother
by Randa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked the fact that mine was after my daughter was born. I got to show her off that way. :)

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM
A month or two before your due date:)
lovemytwo88
by April on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM

A month or so before your due date is the norm I think. That's how mine were. 

tstephens311
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my first one at 24 weeks. I loved being prepared. Whatever I didn't get at the shower that I still needed we had time to go out and buy before he arrived. 

dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Definately after you find out what you are having (if you are finding out what you are having.) so that the guests know what they are buying for :)

bioteach
by Ashlie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Around 6 months...early enough to (hopefully) not run in to going in to labor & having baby, and also time to return & pick up things you still need.  Plus, you won't be sooo uncomfortable while doing all the shower stuff.

Shai8189
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I think that's a great idea. Thank you.

Quoting bioteach:

Around 6 months...early enough to (hopefully) not run in to going in to labor & having baby, and also time to return & pick up things you still need.  Plus, you won't be sooo uncomfortable while doing all the shower stuff.

PeppyInPink
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I like them around 7 months. That gives you time to get things you may still need.
october2013
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i say anytime during your second trimester because i had mine later and i didnt get much then i had my baby 3 weeks later i had to rush for missing things so id have it early so you can shop after and its your shower when you feel ready go for it

chamelinmom
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM

If your having one, i would say between 30-35 weeks, closer to 35. Unless of course your having twins or more, then id plan a little earlier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)