Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which is cuter

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: pick the cutest

Options:

Phybii (pheobe)

Pennelope

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

what name for a girl vote

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janetf875
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I'm not a fan of weird spellings - especially when you have to put the name you intend it to be in brackets after it.  I don't want my kids to spend their life time telling people how to pronounce/spell their name.

I intend that as something for you to think about, not a criticism.  Spellings like that are really popular right now, they're just not my personal preference for the reason I gave.

DD 7yo CS, DS 5yo CS, DD 16mo VBA2C, Due Nov 9.

Pregnancy Ticker

lovemytwo88
by April on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean. My sons name is marques (pronounced like "marcus") and he is named after his father so i didnt choose the spelling, and ppl always pronounce it wrong. Its frustrating. Luckily we just call him junior

Quoting janetf875:

Personally, I'm not a fan of weird spellings - especially when you have to put the name you intend it to be in brackets after it.  I don't want my kids to spend their life time telling people how to pronounce/spell their name.

I intend that as something for you to think about, not a criticism.  Spellings like that are really popular right now, they're just not my personal preference for the reason I gave.

may08mom
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I like Pennelope :-)
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree.

Quoting janetf875:

Ericababyy
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My son's middle name is Schuyler (Skyler) after my great grandfather. It's Danish spelling and everyone gets it wrong the first time.

Quoting lovemytwo88: I know what you mean. My sons name is marques (pronounced like "marcus") and he is named after his father so i didnt choose the spelling, and ppl always pronounce it wrong. Its frustrating. Luckily we just call him junior

Quoting janetf875:

SevenFromHeaven
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM

I voted for pennelope...  I actually like phoebe better but I really dislike the spelling you've used...

~~~~~~~~~~
Sarah-Jean
Wife since 2000
Mad Mum of 5 boys and 2 girls

CafeMom Tickers

hbritton
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I picked Penelope because the spelling for Pheobe is to weird for me. Honestly without the traditional spelling next to it, I wouldn't have had a clue as to how it was pronounced.
I don't understand the new fad of weird spellings.

I know someone with a Daughter named "Ravyne" (Raven)
....at first I thought her name was Ravine.
dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM
I picked Penelope because it was on my list way back when :)
StaciF
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
We made the mistake of calling our son by his middle name - that's given me enough trouble lol I like unique names but keep the spelling simple :)

Quoting janetf875:

bioteach
by Ashlie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally like Penelope better, but I agree about the "different spelling".  DH & I both have different spellings & we hate having to constantly spell our names.  

Quoting janetf875:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)