Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I learned...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
During my first solo trip to the grocery store with both kids. Yikes! I know you're not supposed to put the car seat on the front part of the cart...but I've always done it. Not anymore! My seat literally does not fit & since it clips into the base on the side there is no way to secure it to the cart. So into the cart it goes... & takes up most of the room. I think I'll stick to my Moby from now on.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
devoted31
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM

My little guy hates the wrap and the carseat we have is a convertible one so it stays in the car...needless to say I don't go to the store at all unless my older two (9 and 6) are with so they can help push the cart and get items etc because I'm holding the baby and I also have a 2 year old to manage. 

lovemytwo88
by April on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM
I have the same issue except the carseat doesnt click into the carts at the store i grocery shop at. It will at other stores, but Meijer carts are different i guess. Its a bummer!
hmhiggins87
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:03 PM
It is not safe to click the seats into the Carts whether it fits or not. For one it makes the cart top heavy and have seen with my own eyes in stores other people carts tipping over. There are also warning pictures on carts not to do it.

Second it affects the locking mechanism on the seat and can affect your seat working properly in am accident. Manufacturers of carseats also do not allow it

Quoting lovemytwo88: I have the same issue except the carseat doesnt click into the carts at the store i grocery shop at. It will at other stores, but Meijer carts are different i guess. Its a bummer!
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I'm almost always baby wesr wjen.I jave to do my big grocery shopping trips. Its the only way...unless you want.to push 2 buggies.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM

That's where I was at, Meijer.

Quoting lovemytwo88: I have the same issue except the carseat doesnt click into the carts at the store i grocery shop at. It will at other stores, but Meijer carts are different i guess. Its a bummer!

bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Since i got my carrier today i will probably baby wear when we grocery shop
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)