Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh give me a break! Ot rant

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ppl drive me nuts! I was a little late getting my thank you cards out from my baby shower. Shower was end of October I got them out end of November. One of my husbands aunts was complaining to her sister (hubby's other aunt that we are very close to) about how she hasn't recwived Her thank you card and she thought I was rude. I've never met this woman ever. And was saying we were rude that we didn't call to say thank you when we got the gifts. My husband did call and left a message we never got a call back. Come to find out her husband listened to it and deleted it and didn't tell her. So I got her card out and then his aunt is telling me this morning she was bitching I didn't list EVERYTHING she got us I left off a few items. What?! Give me a break and quite bitching! I worked til the day before k gave birth 40 hours a week and remodeling the house to it was finished before baby got here and getting easy for baby. I forgot two items! Would this piss you off or Are you suppose to list every little thing? I have 50 thank yous to write. Thank goodness I did hers with one of the first cause at the end I got really generic and lazy and didn't list all the gifts just said thank to for all the wonderful gidts for Cooper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bria2014
by Bria on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM
She seems like she's from an older generation and they expect things differently than we do. As for not putting everything on the thank you card is getting pushy. IMO at least. It's been about a month and I just sent out thank you cards out and haven't heard any complaints from anyone. I feel bad but I was dealing with having my son and dealing with my procedure.
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM
At least you get the cards out. I send thank yoi notes to my grandmothers generation. Everyone else gets a email or text
caitipenn
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
She isn't that old. She is in her 40's. But I knew it would take me a while to get them out so ppl who live fa like her and mailed gifts I made sure either I or my husband called them to say we got it and thank you.

Quoting bria2014: She seems like she's from an older generation and they expect things differently than we do. As for not putting everything on the thank you card is getting pushy. IMO at least. It's been about a month and I just sent out thank you cards out and haven't heard any complaints from anyone. I feel bad but I was dealing with having my son and dealing with my procedure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hmhiggins87
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM
So i am still working on my thank you cards and shower was beginning of August. I am horrible about sending them out. I'm almost done writing them though so that's good!! No one has said anything to me either. I have 70 plus to write.

bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I didn't have a shower, but did get a few gifts. I posted thank yous on Facebook - didn't even write cards :)
bria2014
by Bria on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quoting caitipenn: She isn't that old. She is in her 40's. But I knew it would take me a while to get them out so ppl who live fa like her and mailed gifts I made sure either I or my husband called them to say we got it and thank you.

Quoting bria2014: She seems like she's from an older generation and they expect things differently than we do. As for not putting everything on the thank you card is getting pushy. IMO at least. It's been about a month and I just sent out thank you cards out and haven't heard any complaints from anyone. I feel bad but I was dealing with having my son and dealing with my procedure.
that is strange. She must not realize that getting ready for a baby takes a lot out of you. Lol
Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Some people just thrive on complaining.  Don't take it personally or let it get to you.  Just laugh at how ridiculous she's being.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)