Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:57 AM
  • 11 Replies
The flu is going around here like crazy, they have even been closing schools because of it. Have you, anyone in your family, had the flu yet this year? Did you get the flu vaccine?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I got the flu shot and so did my kids just because we had a winter baby. But then I heard it was that effective this year and I was kinda bummed.
I know a couple kids have had influenza A around here and some teachers have gone home with it at dd's preschool but so far *knock on wood!* none of us have gotten it.
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM
We don't get the flu shot. The crud has been going around here....although not nessasarily the flu. My hubby and son got it. One day there were 10 out of my son's class. My baby, myself, and other ds haven't got it.

The other school in the area has had the stomach bug run rampent. So, I'm hoping we can stay healthy!
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:26 AM
We don't get the flu shot and none of us have gotten it
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Strep throat and influenza A and H1N1 have been going around my community super bad. My parents were super sick and I'm pretty sure my oldest had it a couple weeks ago (influenza) but they didn't test. We don't so flu shots regardless but it didn't work this year anyways
dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I got the shot and no one in my family got it.
Crob4
by Courtney on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

No shots and no flu here so far. We tend to stay home and avoid large crowds in the winter to lessen the chances of getting sick. 

OrthodoxMama
by Kathryn on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:50 AM
This!

Quoting Crob4:

No shots and no flu here so far. We tend to stay home and avoid large crowds in the winter to lessen the chances of getting sick. 

bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Influenza A is what is going around here. Thankfully we've all been healthy (knock on wood); DH, DS, & I all got our vaccinations. My niece. & nephew both have had it this past week, so we're keeping our distance.
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM
This is us too. so far I havent heard of anything major going aroubd

Quoting OrthodoxMama: This!

Quoting Crob4:

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM

No, no flu here.  And no vaccine.  Being that the vaccine this year has been proven ineffective to the current strains, it's pretty useless anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)