Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

V-Day!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hubby had his vasectomy yesterday! He was freaking out a lot right before , & I wasn't sure if he would follow through. And he was pretty sore last night. But, he's doing better now (still sore but tolerable with meds). & is out Christmas shopping with his dad right now.

It's nice to know that soon we won't have to worry about pregnancy, but a bit dad to know that the door for more children is officially closed .
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Yay but bitter sweet
StaciF
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Glad all went well! We are done we think with kids but man I'm not ready for Dh to be cut on. We know too much for our own good and it's scares us lol
Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Hubby still hasn't scheduled his.  He wants to get his hernia fixed first so it'll get done sometime next year.

bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Could DH be a bigger baby about it? I get that he hurts, & he does have significant swelling still. But he acts like I've never had surgery & experienced pain before (I have had 5 other surgeries). I keep telling him to quit whining since I popped two kids out of my vagina - humans came out of a hole in my body!

Plus, DH does not do well being a home body & having to sit in a recliner all weekend. So he kept saying "just spend time with me" & crap like that. Well, since he has to sit around I have more work to do...& still take care of both of the kids. So sorry if you're disappointed that I didn't just sit & spend time with you in the chair all weekend dear...but the world doesn't stop because you're laid up!
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM
"Humans came out of a hole in my body!" LMAO. That's great!
Personal question but how much did it cost? I want dh to get his done but I'm not sure how much its going to cost since our deductible is $750 :/
I'm sure he'll be a weenie whenever he finally gets it done.
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Haha! I feel you! Hubby had his done thurs and is still sitting in the recliner. Of course he can't do anything. Lol. However, when I came home from the hospital with 2n degree tears I still had to take care of things. Oh well. At least it's done!

Quoting bioteach: Could DH be a bigger baby about it? I get that he hurts, & he does have significant swelling still. But he acts like I've never had surgery & experienced pain before (I have had 5 other surgeries). I keep telling him to quit whining since I popped two kids out of my vagina - humans came out of a hole in my body!

Plus, DH does not do well being a home body & having to sit in a recliner all weekend. So he kept saying "just spend time with me" & crap like that. Well, since he has to sit around I have more work to do...& still take care of both of the kids. So sorry if you're disappointed that I didn't just sit & spend time with you in the chair all weekend dear...but the world doesn't stop because you're laid up!
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM
It is very bittersweet. I had my tubes tied the day after i had lyla.
OrthodoxMama
by Kathryn on Dec. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM
DH wants a vasectomy but right now I would feel really sad if he did.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
With hisbinsurance, & he is secondary on mine (& both cover the procedure) it should cost very little out of pocket hopefully. The deductible was met on my insurance, & I'm sure giving birth helped with his.

Quoting TristanMitchael: "Humans came out of a hole in my body!" LMAO. That's great!
Personal question but how much did it cost? I want dh to get his done but I'm not sure how much its going to cost since our deductible is $750 :/
I'm sure he'll be a weenie whenever he finally gets it done.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! I had an episiotomy with my first & tore down my old scar with this one. Definitely not comfortable, but I still managed to do everything like normal. We must be superheros :)

Quoting crazy4u49033: Haha! I feel you! Hubby had his done thurs and is still sitting in the recliner. Of course he can't do anything. Lol. However, when I came home from the hospital with 2n degree tears I still had to take care of things. Oh well. At least it's done!

Quoting bioteach: Could DH be a bigger baby about it? I get that he hurts, & he does have significant swelling still. But he acts like I've never had surgery & experienced pain before (I have had 5 other surgeries). I keep telling him to quit whining since I popped two kids out of my vagina - humans came out of a hole in my body!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)