Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does everyone have this problem or is it just me?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
I have been planning my daughter's birthday party for the last two months. I invited about 50 people or so, about 30 RSVPed and then about 15 of them decided to back out last week. As I'm trying to see who is coming today about 9 more people backed out so now we only have three children coming to the party. We have enough food for the 30 people. I sometimes wonder why I even bother planning parties. I spent about $250 on this party and hardly anyone is coming. What's the point? So frustrating!!

This happens almost everytime I plan a party whether it be at my house, at a park, or a Chucke-E cheese type place.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I don't do parties for this reason. I let my oldest pick 1-2 friends and we do something that way.
cassielc84
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM
We have the same problem.. or what ticks me off is the ones who swear they will be there and never show. So after 2 failed parties we just started doing a family only party. It has worked out well. There are times where its just me, the Hubby and kids and then thete are times where my side and the in laws are there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)