Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going against whats recommended

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
So with all the issues lyla has been having i decided to try something different.

So while she slept today i have laid her on her stomach (taboo i know). She has been a happier baby minus the formula issue (which will hopefully be fixed soon).

Is there anything your doing thats going against the grain?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:27 PM

A couple weeks ago he was having trouble taking a bottle.  He was so hungry that he would suck too hard & get too much milk at once, causing to gasp & gag.  We put just a little cereal in the breastmilk to thicken it some.  It was just enough to help & hes figured out how to eat properly again without us having to add cereal.

bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Glad he's figured it out

Quoting bioteach:

A couple weeks ago he was having trouble taking a bottle.  He was so hungry that he would suck too hard & get too much milk at once, causing to gasp & gag.  We put just a little cereal in the breastmilk to thicken it some.  It was just enough to help & hes figured out how to eat properly again without us having to add cereal.

dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I sleep with Norah in my bed after nursing her sometimes. That's my taboo confession.
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Lyla sleeps in my bed as well

Quoting dragonqueen: I sleep with Norah in my bed after nursing her sometimes. That's my taboo confession.
OrthodoxMama
by Kathryn on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't use a car seat

Just kidding! We only bedshare. I think that is the only non-recommended thing we do?
cgarlic
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM
We bed share sometimes too with her & our 3 yr old.

Spina Bifida babies are recommended to sleep on belly or side
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Lets see....I co sleep
My kids sleep on the I stomach
I do not give my kids rice cereal or baby food.
hmhiggins87
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Shelby sleeps with us in our bed every night all night.
We are going to skip rice cereal and oatmeal.
We will probably skipped jar babyfood as well and let her experiment with whole soft foods when the time comes.
We will breastfeed as long as she wants until she weans herself on her own.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Heck my third baby had reflux and my doctor told me to put them on their stomach LOL. I'll confess my first two slept on their stomach as well. I can't think of anything but I'm sure I bring tons of rules considering these are babies 5&6 im trying to just survive lol!!
dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My first two slept on their bellies too. Lol

Quoting StaciF: Heck my third baby had reflux and my doctor told me to put them on their stomach LOL. I'll confess my first two slept on their stomach as well. I can't think of anything but I'm sure I bring tons of rules considering these are babies 5&6 im trying to just survive lol!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)