Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

overwhelmed....really long...mainly rambling :-(

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am so overwhelmed and stressed.
Shelby had her first plane ride yesterday. She did awesome and it didn't even seem to phase her during any of it and say in her carseat the whole time except when i took her out once to change her. She never cried the whole time either.

After we got to our destination she was fine and happy and was nursing until my sister and aunt showed up to our hotel room. It was the first time they had met her and were getting super excited and talking really fast and wanting to touch and hold her. Shelby started getting fussy and in return i was stressing out. The jet lag and all the new stuff started wearing Shelby out and would not nurse or go to sleep she just cried non stop. Which she never does that. Finally i got her calm and to sleep and hubby and i went one floor up to his company Christmas party while my aunt and sister were keeping an eye on baby. She kept waking up upset and screaming so i would have to go up and calm her down. Finally at 9pm i was tired of making the trip back and forth from the party to the room so i told them i was staying there with her and they can go to their rooms. As soon as they left i got into pajamas and crawled into bed with shelby and she was calm instantly and nursed for an hour and fell asleep until hubby came up from the party around 11pm.

Then today we had to drive 2hours to my hometown and she met my parents for the first time and she kept getting fussy and only wanted me to hold her and was so upset she was so hungry she couldn't latch on to eat how bad she was crying. They wanted to go out to eat so my sister and her fiance joined us.
I finally got her to sleep after 2hours of screaming and 45 minutesof nursing.

I am going to be so exhausted after 9 days of this. I hope she gets used to it and we get into a better routine. I hate that both baby and i are stressed and overwhelmed. I hate seeing her get so upset.

My family is great and understanding and gives me my space and leaves us to our own to Comfort her but i feel si bad because they just want to hold her and this is the first time seeing her since we live in two different states.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Hugs i hope yall are able to get a routine so everyone can enjoy it
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Hugs. Hopefully after some good rest for you both things will get better
bria2014
by Bria on Dec. 21, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Her ears probably need to pop. I would nurse her for a while. Sorry mama that she's fussy. I hope you have fun on your trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)