Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So pissed

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am constantly telling my husband he needs to sit up when he feeds him and burp him. My husband falls asleep very easily and fast. I got the baby all ready and he asked if unwanted him to hold him while I pumped. I said sure and we started watching tv. He was sitting up but I guess leaned back and the baby was sleeping on his chest and he fell asleep and I hadn't noticed. Next thing I know I feel the bed move and my child must have leaned and fell off my husband and was on his head! I picked him up real quick. He woke up but didn't cry and feel back asleep so I'm sure he is fine. I yelled at my husband. Told him this is why I don't trust him taking care of him at night and always tell him to pay attention and do things a certain way and of coarse he gets upset but he just proved that there's a reason why I do that. I'm trying to tell him he is sooo lucky he didn't roll off toward the other side of him cause he would have fallen off the bed. I'm so mad at my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM
3 kids later and I still worry about this. But he's been doing pretty good getting her to bed lately so I'm finally feeling at ease.
I'd be mad to, maybe he'll learn and I'm glad baby is OK!
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM
3 kids and my husband never wakes up woth them at night. He sleeps through everything. Fell asleep mid diaper change once.
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Im glad everything is ok with baby and id be pissed to. I do everything for the baby so thankfully i don't have this worry with my hubs
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 26, 2014 at 3:37 AM

I'd be pissed too!  DH rarely gets up with the baby at night....but only because he's only been waking once a night.  And since I need to pump, might as well be me that gets up with him (no reason for us both to be awake).  But, if James wakes up a 2nd time, I make him get his rear end out of bed to feed him.  However, he his terrible about getting him back to sleep and I usually end up having to wake up & take care of that.  Plus, when he can't get James back to sleep the crying makes his BP go up & he gets all flustered - so then I have to deal with a 2nd baby.  

caitipenn
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Yea this was before we went to bed. I usually don't get dh up to help unless I'm just too exhausted.

Quoting bioteach:

I'd be pissed too!  DH rarely gets up with the baby at night....but only because he's only been waking once a night.  And since I need to pump, might as well be me that gets up with him (no reason for us both to be awake).  But, if James wakes up a 2nd time, I make him get his rear end out of bed to feed him.  However, he his terrible about getting him back to sleep and I usually end up having to wake up & take care of that.  Plus, when he can't get James back to sleep the crying makes his BP go up & he gets all flustered - so then I have to deal with a 2nd baby.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)