Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sigh...

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

When my husband and I went to premarital counseling, our pastor said that the price of divorce is having to deal with the ex spouses. And boy was he ever right. My ex and my husband's ex are sincerely the worst parts of my life.

I hate having huge portions of my life dictated by people who dont give a crap about me. From little things like whether I can make weekend plans or not to the big things like whether I can move out of AZ are beyond my control because of my kids other parents. 

It would be different of either of them were kind enough to be flexible for me and my husband, but they arent. They take and take, but never give anything back. My ex doesnt ask for anything, but my husband's ex does all of the time... and due to reasons (again, beyond my realm of control) my husband gives in. 

Thankfully, I only have to deal with my ex for 10 more years (Oh GOD that sounds like so long...) and my husbands ex for 11... shoot me now. Sigh. 

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Hugs i am sorry that you have such an ass for an exes.
MasterJenJen
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Thanks... you know, they're exes for a reason, and I guess it's times like this when I remember that. As annoyed I am with how stupid they are, it makes me thankful for my husband and how amazing my life is because of him. Besides, 11 years isn't forever (even though it feels that way)

Quoting bbyblueAK: Hugs i am sorry that you have such an ass for an exes.
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Welcome. 11yrs isn't that long but then again it will feel that way

Quoting MasterJenJen: Thanks... you know, they're exes for a reason, and I guess it's times like this when I remember that. As annoyed I am with how stupid they are, it makes me thankful for my husband and how amazing my life is because of him. Besides, 11 years isn't forever (even though it feels that way)

Quoting bbyblueAK: Hugs i am sorry that you have such an ass for an exes.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 26, 2014 at 2:29 AM
We got 7 more years with Dh's ex. We don't see her or talk to her and dh doesn't see his son because he'd have to take her back to court for moving away. Its a shitty situation :/ all she cares about is receiving her "child" support.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Sorry that you don't have cooperative exes....which is probably why they are exes.s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)